Tour de France 2022

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Derek27

11.6 Km to get to the start! I'm not sure I'd make it that far. :lol:
Derek27

Am I correct in assuming that to win the green jersey you have to complete the tour as well as score the most points?

I was literally just thinking van Aert might be layable for the points classification when he hits the deck, gets up looking pretty sore and ten minutes later almost goes into the back of a car!
Derek27

It's taken me a while to figure out what street furniture is. I imagined tables and chairs in the middle of the road, with people eating their lunch. :)
Dallas

greenmark wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:23 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:10 pm
Ran Doner wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:48 pm

The commissaires will try to recreate the gap once they are back under way. They’ve often made a mess of it.
That's straightforward enough if it's a small group and an intact peloton, but riders strung out in one of the mountain stages would probably lead to chaos!
The etiquette of the rolling village that is the Le Tour dictates they wait if there are non-racing disruptions. Don't forget riders stop off regularly for toilet stops. Le Tour is a very respectful community. For the most part it's a procession. It's only when you get to the sections where it's possible to achieve a better GC that things hot up.
Sure sprints, King of the Mountains etc are important to specific riders, but GC is God.
I remember one a few years back in the Giro where a lone rider lost about 10mins stuck at a crossing in some hills waiting for a train to pass, can't remember if he lost time off the back or lost a big chunk of his break away time
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:17 pm
Am I correct in assuming that to win the green jersey you have to complete the tour as well as score the most points?

I was literally just thinking van Aert might be layable for the points classification when he hits the deck, gets up looking pretty sore and ten minutes later almost goes into the back of a car!
Yes, you need to complete the race to win any Jersey

I often feel sorry for the sprinters who's job (with the exception of the stage win on the champs elysees) is usually done in the first half of the race but they have to go through another week of hell being dragged over the Alps and pyrenees just trying to finish within the allotted time and avoid being DQ and make it to Paris
Derek27

Anyone know what happened to Roglic, he was third favourite to win the tour when I popped out?
Derek27

That Irish presenter on Eurosport has a pretty short skirt.
Derek27

Disappointing liquidity for the tour winner. This is my first Tour de France and I was expecting it to be a hot market.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:57 pm
Disappointing liquidity for the tour winner. This is my first Tour de France and I was expecting it to be a hot market.
Perhaps you should view it as a composite competition. Think jerseys for a start. King of the Mountains, Sprints, Time Trials, GC. Le Tour is a complex and pretty fantastic event. I'm sure you can master it. I certainly can't from a trading view - too emotionally involved.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:20 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:57 pm
Perhaps you should view it as a composite competition. Think jerseys for a start. King of the Mountains, Sprints, Time Trials, GC. Le Tour is a complex and pretty fantastic event. I'm sure you can master it. I certainly can't from a trading view - too emotionally involved.
I'm only half watching it, but going back to the days when there were just one-hour highlights on C4, there've been many emotional moments, lesser-known riders pulling out extraordinary efforts to cling on to that yellow jersey for another day.

Can't remember his name but I still feel for the guy who was just a few hundred metres away from his first stage win when he took the wrong course through no fault of his own. He must still be looking back on it!
Ran Doner

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:34 pm
Anyone know what happened to Roglic, he was third favourite to win the tour when I popped out?
Think he came down in a crash. Going round a roundabout a hay bale was clipped which dragged it further into the path of Caleb Ewan who went down hard. Think Roglic and Thomas were just collateral.

Jumbo Visma had a bit of a mare. Pog got through today like it was just a training day.
Derek27

Ran Doner wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:06 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Think he came down in a crash. Going round a roundabout a hay bale was clipped which dragged it further into the path of Caleb Ewan who went down hard. Think Roglic and Thomas were just collateral.

Jumbo Visma had a bit of a mare. Pog got through today like it was just a training day.
Thanks, I see he's down to +2' 36". It's a shame, we could do with a more competitive market.
sionascaig

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:16 pm
Ran Doner wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:06 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Thanks, I see he's down to +2' 36". It's a shame, we could do with a more competitive market.
Suffered a dislocated shoulder... No idea if that has a longer term repercussions for tour... Mind you he could pump himself full of drugs like Nadal to get through it... oh wait...
Derek27

That was brutal!
Derek27

I forgot to look at the stage win market. Must have been some in-running carnage.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”