Tour de France 2022

Any markets not covered in the other boards
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:14 pm
Poga Cat looks on the short side with one mountain stage and a 25-mile time trial left.
Interesting point. i've been watching the action of both Pogocar and Vingergaard. Pog is really smooth only becomes dynamic when attacking. Vingergaard is out ot the seat defending and waves the bike about and is generally messy by comparison. BUT he has 2:18 to play with.
It may not be all over yet. But 2:18 is massive at this stage (pun intended).
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:28 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Poga Cat looks on the short side with one mountain stage and a 25-mile time trial left.
Interesting point. i've been watching the action of both Pogocar and Vingergaard. Pog is really smooth only becomes dynamic when attacking. Vingergaard is out ot the seat defending and waves the bike about and is generally messy by comparison. BUT he has 2:18 to play with.
I missed it today but I was surprised to see the big two finish first and second with the same time. Only Mikail Indurain could take massive chunks out of his rivals in a time trial.

What's happened to the team time trial? I'm sure it used to be a regular early stage when I use to watch it.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:48 pm
greenmark wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:28 pm
Derek27 wrote:
I missed it today but I was surprised to see the big two finish first and second with the same time. Only Mikail Indurain could take massive chunks out of his rivals in a time trial.

What's happened to the team time trial? I'm sure it used to be a regular early stage when I use to watch it.
I think the team time trial was a bit naff tbf. There's enough teamwork on display. Le Tour is about giving an exceptional athlete te platform to win the GC. Indidividual time trials provide a different perspective but team time trials are a bit pointless. Just several blokes drafting with the hammer down. Pretty boring.
Derek27

Poga Cat's not going down without a fight but I think the game's up now.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:26 pm
Only one more chance to break Vingergaard.
But I'm impressed with the pair of them.
Pogocar throwing in huge attacks and Vingergaaard just responds. Still think Pogocar is the smoothest of the two. This last climb could be very interesting but not enough to make up the deficit.

Just seen Vingergaard lost it. And then Pogocar goes down and Vingergaard waits for him.
Love this!
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:45 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Pogocar throwing in huge attacks and Vingergaaard just responds. Still think Pogocar is the smoothest of the two. This last climb could be very interesting but not enough to make up the deficit.

Just seen Vingergaard lost it. And then Pogocar goes down and Vingergaard waits for him.
Love this!
Was it pure sportsmanship or was there any benefit for Vinegar to wait for Poga Cat? He got teammates behind.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:01 pm
greenmark wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:45 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Love this!
Was it pure sportsmanship or was there any benefit for Vinegar to wait for Poga Cat? He got teammates behind.
The former I think. So far V has covered every single attack from P on his own. He could have gapped him by 10 or 20 seconds?
The only caveat being the possible anger from the rest of the village for ignoring etiquette. Might have got clobbered on the Champs-Elysees.
Dallas

First time I've been able to open this thread in a few days as I've been a day behind most of this week and didn't want to know the result

That was a spectacular ride by Vingergaard yesterday, I never thought he would be able crack Pogacar
Dallas

Its been a thrilling tour this year with surprise attack after surprise attack and a real mix of tactics, you really never knew what one of the GC guys were going to do from one day to the next

When you think back just a few years ago how Sky totally dominated and dictated practically every stage all those years its a welcome change to have some exciting racing again rather than a 3 week precession
Dallas

Although I do miss the sprint finishes with the lead out trains, I'd like to see 2-3 teams with top sprinters and lead out riders ready to fight it out on the flat days again

But don't think any of them could ever match HTC highroad at its peak with Cav, Renshaw and Eisel all in their prime - that really was a thing of beauty
greenmark

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:26 pm
Its been a thrilling tour this year with surprise attack after surprise attack and a real mix of tactics, you really never knew what one of the GC guys were going to do from one day to the next

When you think back just a few years ago how Sky totally dominated and dictated practically every stage all those years its a welcome change to have some exciting racing again rather than a 3 week precession
On GC Vngergaard stamped his authority and then covered every single attack from a relentless Pogocar. I think he's a deserved winner.
Returning to the start of this thread, I wonder whether Cavendish was a better bet than Jakobsen. Quickstep have got little out of this year.
Think thats it for Cav which is a shame. But I guess equal with a legend ain't too shabby.
Dallas

greenmark wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:38 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:26 pm

On GC Vngergaard stamped his authority and then covered every single attack from a relentless Pogocar. I think he's a deserved winner.
Returning to the start of this thread, I wonder whether Cavendish was a better bet than Jakobsen. Quickstep have got little out of this year.
Think thats it for Cav which is a shame. But I guess equal with a legend ain't too shabby.
Y, its a shame Cav was dropped and agree that was probably his last tour, unless he joins a lower quality team for one last tour and aims to get that one more stage victory next year. I didn't know much about Jakobsen before this Tour but he's now really done anything to impress

Also agree on Vngergaard, he rode a great tour and deserves to win it
Derek27

1989, when the last stage was a time trial, Laurence Fignon had a 50-second lead over Greg LeMond. All the pundits agreed LeMond had no chance of turning the tables in a 15-mile time trial, but he did it by 8 seconds. Poor old Fignon collapsed after the line and started crying.
Derek27

Bit of a late start on the final day!
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:04 pm
Bit of a late start on the final day!
Overlap with French GP?

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”