Tour de France 2022

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Trader Pat

sionascaig wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:38 am
Mind you he could pump himself full of drugs like Nadal to get through it... oh wait...
I'd wager my entire bank that at least half of the tour are pumped full of drugs already.. and not legal ones like Nadal used.
sionascaig

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:42 pm
sionascaig wrote:
Mind you he could pump himself full of drugs like Nadal to get through it... oh wait...
I'd wager my entire bank that at least half of the tour are pumped full of drugs already.. and not legal ones like Nadal used.
a friend of a friend joined one of the pro teams - he went for his medical & got the all clear - on leaving he was handed an asthma prescription - said I don't have asthma - doctor said you do now...

edit: which according to David Miller, who has tried it, can boost performance by c5%
greenmark

sionascaig wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:33 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:42 pm
sionascaig wrote:
a friend of a friend joined one of the pro teams - he went for his medical & got the all clear - on leaving he was handed an asthma prescription - said I don't have asthma - doctor said you do now...

edit: which according to David Miller, who has tried it, can boost performance by c5%
Because asthma remedies contain steroids as my sister points out to me on a regular basis.
Dublin_Flyer

greenmark wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:44 pm

Because asthma remedies contain steroids as my sister points out to me on a regular basis.
Also why asthmatics have to be careful taking painkillers like anti-inflammatories as they're the complete opposite. They work by constricting the blood vessels, so if you're asthmatic and restrict your blood vessels even more, you're in for a really shit day at the office :(
greenmark

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:23 pm
greenmark wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:44 pm

Also why asthmatics have to be careful taking painkillers like anti-inflammatories as they're the complete opposite. They work by constricting the blood vessels, so if you're asthmatic and restrict your blood vessels even more, you're in for a really shit day at the office :(
I count myself ridiculously lucky to have had no health problems in 61 years. The caveat being, if you believe in fate, when illness arrives for me, its going to be a whopper.
Dallas

Its going to take quite something for anyone to stop Pogacar making it three in a row, yesterdays performance sent a clear message to rest of the GC contenders and it could even be all over barring an accident by the time they reach Alpe d'Huez next week
Derek27

I feel more sorry for the food man who brought the cyclist down than the cyclist himself. :lol:
henbet22

Teamwork makes the dream work
Derek27

I missed it today. What happened to Pogacat? Did he crack?
henbet22

Was a privilege to watch such a stage live
greenmark

Alpe d'huez is an iconic stage. Utterly brutal. If Pogocar has blown up it will be blindingly obvious and Vindergaard would then be strolling to victory on the Champs-Elysees.
Have to confess I've neglected the coverage this year. But will be glued to it tomorrow.
Is Vindergaard now spent?
What about Quintana? A pretty decent climber.
And Geraint, just a terrific all-round cyclist.
I'm excited because I have no idea how this might resolve.
2:51 looks like a lot, but if a cyclist blows up it's nothing at all.
Derek27

Why is Alpe d'Huez so fearsome when it's only 6000 odd feet?
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:26 pm
Alpe d'huez is an iconic stage. Utterly brutal. If Pogocar has blown up it will be blindingly obvious and Vindergaard would then be strolling to victory on the Champs-Elysees.
Have to confess I've neglected the coverage this year. But will be glued to it tomorrow.
Is Vindergaard now spent?
What about Quintana? A pretty decent climber.
And Geraint, just a terrific all-round cyclist.
I'm excited because I have no idea how this might resolve.
2:51 looks like a lot, but if a cyclist blows up it's nothing at all.
I caught up with the highlights last night. Astonishing to see Pogocat lose 3 minutes in 3 miles, that's a big blowup, but I've seen riders recover. I reckon Vinegar will be going strong with boosted confidence and be hard to beat now, save the time trial.

Don't know what's happened to the team time trial which used to take place early in the tour.
Derek27

Powless, what an ironic name for a cyclist. :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:56 pm
Why is Alpe d'Huez so fearsome when it's only 6000 odd feet?
Becuase its from a lower altitude and they've already been put through the mangle earlier in the stage. And finally, it's the finish. So it's a proper race, incessantly uphill, between GC rivals (unless someone is already dominant). No team mate can help you. If they attack an opponent, they'll be atacking you too. The speeds don't create drafting opportunities.
It's a gladitorial contest at the limit of what a human can do.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”