Any markets not covered in the other boards
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

npatel999

Does Peter or anyone else experience of trading the last Olympics? I tried to randomly trade couple of markets in the last winter olympics not knowing anyhing about those market and the liquidity being not that great I managed to lose interest fairly quickly, though luckily managed not to lose much money.
LeTiss

npatel999 wrote:Does Peter or anyone else experience of trading the last Olympics? I tried to randomly trade couple of markets in the last winter olympics not knowing anyhing about those market and the liquidity being not that great I managed to lose interest fairly quickly, though luckily managed not to lose much money.
Some events were actually very good

There was reasonable liquidity on Athletics events, but primarily, as with sports betting in general, most of the liquidity was centered around the Tennis & Football tournaments

I had a look at the Commenwealth Games, but those markets were as useful as a chocolate kettle

Basically, I wouldn't count down the days. However, bearing in mind most Betfair users live in the UK, I would suggest the liquidity on all events will be the highest there's ever been for the Olympics
LeTiss

Bet Angel wrote:Ticket prices released: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/p ... letics.pdf
I hope the economy picks up by then because those prices are rather high

My mum goes to Wimbledon every year, so imagine her shock to see the Olympic prices being greater than the normal prices
Why? Most players will tell you they'd rather win Wimbledon than the gold medal, so it's hardly more important is it?

The football prices are grossly inflated. These teams are basically U23's - not exactly Premier League is it!
Do they really think the people of Newcastle will pack St James Park to watch Uzbekistan take on the might of Sierra Leone?

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”