SuperBowl 2014

Any markets not covered in the other boards
PeterLe

Anyone trading this evening?
Good liquidity last year and just read my post from last year; it went down to 1.1 in play and then back to 2's..
Enjoyed trading this last year..

If anyone is a nate Silver fan :-

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/ ... hawks.html

So fits in with the plan
Last year I simply laid the lowest team in play and did quite well...
Good luck !
BJGardner

I am an interested spectator but i dont understand the game so only small stakes.

What is a "safety"? Seattle just got one :roll:
PeterLe

Sorry I dont know the rules either!
I had a 200 lay on Denver at 1.87..wish I had left it in. I cancelled it whilst I was setting up my spreadsheet! Aw well..
Redhead

A safety occurs when a player is tackled in his own endzone. Two points are awarded. It's a bit like an own goal in soccer.

I've got a 1.91 lay on Denver running, can I trust the Seattle Defence?
BJGardner

NFL is great spectacle, im just hoping for a close game and volatile market. :D hopefully make a few shekels
Redhead

BJGardner wrote: :D hopefully make a few shekels
:lol: me too...looks like Seattle's defence coped quite well first time Denver's offence had the ball.
PeterLe

Its a great sport to trade though...Seattle down to 1.09 at one point now back to 1.22 as I type...
BJGardner

yes, I expected more though, Denver need a miracle, disappointed that it hasnt see sawed more .

As i type nightmare start to 2nd half for Denver.

goodnight Vienna

:x
kelpie

£6.5m matched on Moneyline. Not bad but way, way down on a couple of years back... another sign of money leaving betfair for, probably, Pinnacle
PeterLe

Very one sided game in the end. interestingly enough; I continued to lay Seattle all the way down to 1.03 and scalped..(lay first) i still ended on a green.
if that works on on a side that totally dominated, it this had been even a little more competitive, It would have a good strategy.
kelpie

PeterLe wrote:Very one sided game in the end. interestingly enough; I continued to lay Seattle all the way down to 1.03 and scalped..(lay first) i still ended on a green.
if that works on on a side that totally dominated, it this had been even a little more competitive, It would have a good strategy.
Interesting how the pre-play market got it wrong for so long. All the overnight money leaned Denver - not massive favorite true on 1.8 but consistently leaned thataways for 24 hours.

About £0.5m matched before the game started
BJGardner

I dont know a lot about the game, had never seen a safety before but it goes to show not to listen to pundits.I was expecting an end to end game with both sides trading scoring plays.

On Channel 4 Vernon Kay said before the kick off that it would "definately definately go to the wire" and the pundit wih Colin Murray said that Denver would slow it down in the secong half to "eat clock".

Result Seattle had ir sewn up early and scored from the kick off in the second half (12 seconds).

Still as you say, the Sport definately has potential for trading.

Interesting that the market isn't suspended like soccer when a team scores, anyone know the rationale for this in soccer?

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”