Betfair Account

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
LeTiss

Had a few nervous moments this morning

My old phone has died, I have changed my number. I went onto BF, but the moment I changed it they closed my account!!
Emails were bounced back, the message service said I had 2 accounts and shut me down.....wtf!!

It turns out that when BF bought Blue Square, they migrated my Blue Square account across and opened a 2nd account for me without me realising!
This was 2013. Today they decided to ban me when I changed my phone number

After faffing around they eventually closed that additional account
All good?.......NO......because I changed my number, but they closed the account before I could set up 2-step authentification, I was now locked out :lol:

Thank god for being a PC payer. It allowed me to get it resolved

I wonder how many other people have an additional BF account without them realising, from when they bought Blue Square?
AlexisMartin

I always read these threads to prepare me for the worst phew! happy it was resolved.
jimibt

the scary part here really is the arbitary and unknown ways that Betfair now run their KYC/compliance checks. as you say, you could unwittingly have had a 2nd account created thro no fault of your own and real-life being what it is, personal details do change, thus you are left scratching your head (or kicking the walls) when a simple phone number change is required.

as much as i admire the compliance work that these guys do, it would seem that the outsourcing of vital services literally could leave you stranded with no where to go. as an aside, i do feel sorry for Neil T at betfair dev. I generally email him as a shortcut to bypass customer sevices. he's one of the good guys... tho definitely i've exhausted too many favours with him!!

glad you're sorted.
jamesedwards

I've learnt to never change any personal details and definitely never deposit. It's ludicrous.
napshnap

jimibt wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:20 am
the scary part here really is the arbitary and unknown ways that Betfair now run their KYC/compliance checks. as you say, you could unwittingly have had a 2nd account created thro no fault of your own and real-life being what it is, personal details do change, thus you are left scratching your head (or kicking the walls) when a simple phone number change is required.

as much as i admire the compliance work that these guys do, it would seem that the outsourcing of vital services literally could leave you stranded with no where to go. as an aside, i do feel sorry for Neil T at betfair dev. I generally email him as a shortcut to bypass customer sevices. he's one of the good guys... tho definitely i've exhausted too many favours with him!!

glad you're sorted.
True, these guys are up to their neck in work already but they should also do supports job. Crazy.
ShaunWhite

..but it only took a couple of hours to sort out? Yep it's all a big pain in the butt but the OTT checks do seem to stop any of us from seeing our money go missing, and we sleep soundly with thousands in accounts. Rather this than being the other way round eh? (glass half full)

Betfair don't seem much different to how the banks are tbh, I've lost count of the number of online transactions I've made that caused my account to be locked because it was a 'suspicious transaction'. Had one last week, joint account my missus hardly ever uses, we tried to buy a mattress on her card and the account got locked. One or two slightly miffed customers are less bother than being sued all the time for being wreckless I suppose.

What we all wanna know LeTiss....is how much cash there was in this account you didn't know you had :)
ShaunWhite

jimibt wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:20 am
I generally email ....
They've stopped monitoring the priority@ email too. That always used to be my first port of cal, I save my emails to Neil like golden tokens to use when I really need him.

I don't have access to the PC batphone :( I have to use the chat, I ask them to raise a support issue on my behalf (I don't even try to explain the issue) and ask for the ref# otherwise they put it on the todo pile and it gets forgotten. You usually get a mail back with 24hrs but all of this is far from ideal.

I'm probably not the only one who always says to them..."£x,xxx in commission a month and I can't get ONE damn phone call to support!!!" and then the usual "sorry to get pissed off with you buddy I know you're only following orders".
Euler

You would think that with a long established customer they would just do some basic checks though? It seems to be they have lobbed a bunch of guys on thousands of accounts and said, resolve these in a week.

So they are just going through the lot hitting the suspended button!

I was chatting to somebody yesterday who had the same done to him. He has been on Betfair almost as long as me.

Return to “Betfair exchange”