Betfair Leadership Team forum - Mon 24th May

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
jamesedwards

Brave!

Betfair Forum Open Evening – Get your Questions in
Betfair Customer Services
Network IconBetfair Customer Services
17 May 21 08:20
Joined: 22 May 02 | Topic/replies: 14,160 | Blogger: Betfair Customer Services's blog

Hi Betfair Community Forum Members,

The Betfair Leadership team will be holding an open evening on Monday 24th May at 7pm-8pm UK time – this will be hosted on the Betfair Forum.

This will be an opportunity for you to ask the leadership team in Betfair anything you’d like to know more about Betfair, questions can be sent to [email protected] - this email address is now open for questions to be sent and will remain open until the end of the forum open evening.

Answers to your questions will be posted throughout the open evening – we look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks,

Betfair
Euler

Certainly will be interesting to see which questions they answer.

I think most people can guess what people will ask.

When I speak to Betfair they don't seem to have any awareness of the issues that most people are concerned about. They are blissfully unaware.
Tuco

...the word 'clueless' springs to mind!
The Silk Run

In my experience Paddy Power Betfair are well known for their communication skills !!! So, to date I have sent twenty six emails in advance of their meeting, hoping at least one will be successful ....
I may even send a further batch this weekend in various translations to increase my odds :D
Euler

Where exactly is this being hosted? I found this area, where they last did one roughly six years ago: -

https://community.betfair.com/forum_cha ... forum-chat
Euler

Crazyskier

Would anyone who attended care to summarise the salient points, please?

Anything ground-breaking or worthy of note from the 'interim' CEO or others from the BF SMT?

Thanks

CS
Emmson

Just window dressing & corporate waffle.
rik

The Silk Run wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:39 pm
In my experience Paddy Power Betfair are well known for their communication skills !!! So, to date I have sent twenty six emails in advance of their meeting, hoping at least one will be successful ....
I may even send a further batch this weekend in various translations to increase my odds :D
got your question answered?
Derek27

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 9:52 pm
Would anyone who attended care to summarise the salient points, please?

Anything ground-breaking or worthy of note from the 'interim' CEO or others from the BF SMT?

Thanks

CS
It's on the Betfair forum, see the link in the previous post.
LeTiss

There didn't seem a lot of questions asked, or answered
Derek27

Good question, poor answer.
Capture.GIF
500K markets a month is quite misleading as they don't all require active monitoring - it probably includes static antepost and political markets. And what exactly is the difference between working hard for 18 months to improve the situation and doing absolute fuck-all?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesedwards

Blaming poor customer service on Covid as if it wasn't already a complete and total shambles before.

Web chat would be absolutely fine if the quality of response was anywhere close to reasonable.
BF coms.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesedwards

Intrigued to know how they have reached a conclusion that Premium Charge does not impact liquidity. Hopefully they didn't simply test a reduced rate on a trial tranche of customers and compare before and after volume? How have they quantified the volume from accounts that have long since packed up and left the building?
BF pc.PNG
Euler

The PC Is unfair because it was retrospective to customers like me and others. I mainly offer to the exchange, increasing liquidity. To plaster me as a net winner subtracting liquidity from the exchange has also been a bit of a stretch. If you look at the ecosystem the big problem isn't people taking risk or offer to market or market making. It's people taking bets or explioting in-play delays and so on. They need to be the ones to shoulder the burden or else the real liquidity providers just get pissed off.

In terms of education, I approached Betfair often about promoting trading in a more positive light, but all their marketing team want are to provide tips to dupe guilible punters.

I did a detailed write up of how I won on all 28 races at Cheltenham 2020, including tips for how to do that and so on. I also did a small piece on Dobbing and offered some likely candidates, they never published the 28 race Cheltenham article.

They have promoted people who have little to no relevant experience though. It seems the industry, including Betfair now, is only interested in getting losers ultimately, which is a real shame on a business based on different principles as Betfair was when it started.

Return to “Betfair exchange”