PASSIVE BET DELAY

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
megarain

Thx - posted a question about Min Fill Size there.
Euler

megarain wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:52 pm
Thx - posted a question about Min Fill Size there.
I honestly can't think of why Betfair can't answer it here? What was the question and I'll see if I can get Betfair to answer.
megarain

Hi,
I have just discovered the Min Fill Size parameter on Fill/Kill bets.
Is this not a licence to by-pass the in-play delay ?
Maybe I am reading it wrong, but it seems API software can be used with other teams members to by-pass 2-4 secs of an in-play delay.
What am I missing ?
Thx

I think the #askanything channel was a once-off, but got this reply :
You've missed the window on getting an official response but anything that relies on you colluding with other market participants is not going to last very long
If we trusted Betfair 100%, I could suppose live with this .. but am not sure many full-timers now trust Betfair 100%

The point is, its been happening to court-siders at the T20 World Cup -- I am 5k miles away - so, am only looking at integrity issues.

Am sure Betfair will deny etc. But probably half a dozen court-siders can attest to the raping of the markets.
Last edited by megarain on Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euler

I've seen a lot of complaints from Cricket traders that they are being picked off.

I've always thought cricket is odd in that a major event, such as a wicket, doesnt' create a suspend situation. But goals in football do. Always seemed odd to me.
PeterLe

megarain wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:39 am

I wonder if they are submitting bets 3 secs before action (having sub-accounts fill liquidity), which they cancel if they dont want the bet, as limit isnt met.
Mega
Just to clarify the response on the Slack Channel...
Betfair only opened the Q&A Channel for a short window and they closed it this morning, so you just missed the opportunity to ask questions. They will be opening it again in the future
The response by Mo - Mo doesn't work for betfair but he tends to know the API inside out technically.
Thought that may help as you may be wondering who Mo is etc
Regards
Peter
PS I didnt quite understand what you meant by using sub accounts/working in Teams. (I have Sub accounts but there would be no advantage in using sub accounts on a single strategy as opposed to using a single account? Unless Ive mis understood soimething?
PeterLe

Sorry Ignore, I understand what you mean now from the other thread..
Seth

Peter do you have separate API accounts for the sub accounts? And did they expect you to pay the £200 for each? Thanks
PeterLe

Seth wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:24 pm
Peter do you have separate API accounts for the sub accounts? And did they expect you to pay the £200 for each? Thanks
Yep each account has its own API key. I originally had three accounts (when the keys were free) but then I was offered a master/sub account structure which i accepted. I didn't pay the additional £200 for each additional key.
Seth

PeterLe wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:25 pm
Seth wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:24 pm
Yep each account has its own API key. I originally had three accounts (when the keys were free) but then I was offered a master/sub account structure which i accepted. I didn't pay the additional £200 for each additional key.

Thanks
Seth

How are people finding the passive delay works in practice?
Derek27

Seth wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:40 pm
Has it been introduced yet? I certainly haven't noticed my passive bets going straight in.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:02 pm
Seth wrote:
Has it been introduced yet? I certainly haven't noticed my passive bets going straight in.
There's quite a lot of impact assessment and dev/testing to do, last I heard was I think 6 months+ following approval but I'm sure Pete will correct that if it's wrong.
Screenshot_37.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:24 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:02 pm
Seth wrote:
There's quite a lot of impact assessment and dev/testing to do, last I heard was I think 6 months+ following approval but I'm sure Pete will correct that if it's wrong.
Screenshot_37.jpg
That is interesting. He edited his second comment but still didn't put the c in once. ;)

Return to “Betfair exchange”