Crappy promo pop-ups

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
jamesedwards

Since midnight I've been getting annoying Betfair promo pop-ups aggressively taking over random Betfair screens. It's happened on a market screen, P&L Statement page, and even the Betfair forum so far!

It's really very annoying. I hope this is an error and not a shiny new marketing tool...
Derek27

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:47 am
Since midnight I've been getting annoying Betfair promo pop-ups aggressively taking over random Betfair screens. It's happened on a market screen, P&L Statement page, and even the Betfair forum so far!

It's really very annoying. I hope this is an error and not a shiny new marketing tool...
I normally only get pop-ups when I log in but I just looked at today's football markets (while already logged in) and got the free bet if you back a loser in a race at Newbury pop-up. Refreshed the page and it didn't pop up again but it seems they are getting more aggressive.

On one hand, they're taking drastic measures to stop problem gamblers by closing accounts belonging to people who are twisted enough to deposit as much as £100. On the other hand, they're desperate to encourage people to place £10 bets. :roll:
ODPaul82

Mine was for a free bet if horse finishes outside the top 3 in the 15:00 at Newbury, they've sent it as an internal message as well.
Also states not applicable to those on the basic commission rate.

Perhaps their marketing software has gone a bit awry and sent it to absolutely every customer or maybe to try and tempt people off basic commission.

Return to “Betfair exchange”