Premium Charge - Historical number lower than last week?

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
buyshirts

Has anybody had this happen on my premium charges weekly update it is showing that my total amount i have paid in Premium charge up until is lower than last week?
This also seems to have affected my Total Charge % which obviously has an affect going forward
Euler

Mine looks OK
buyshirts

Thanks
jamesedwards

buyshirts wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:37 pm
Has anybody had this happen on my premium charges weekly update it is showing that my total amount i have paid in Premium charge up until is lower than last week?
This also seems to have affected my Total Charge % which obviously has an affect going forward
I think the 'Premium Charges' value listed is not the actual total PC paid, it is the calculated total PC assuming you have always been charged at your current rate. Have you crossed PC bands perhaps?
buyshirts

I think you are right its some sort derivative but ive not changed bands and it seemed odd how it dropped down.
deestar

Mine looks odd this week as well. not hugely, but it doesn't quite reconcile week on week, and it usually does. Out by about £10.
Derek27

deestar wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:47 pm
Mine looks odd this week as well. not hugely, but it doesn't quite reconcile week on week, and it usually does. Out by about £10.
Did you trade a market that settled first hour on Monday? The week is based on GMT, starting 01:00 BST, which sometimes causes confusion.
BFDon

If 'Premium Charge' as in Premium charged paid has fallen, that should never happen unless you've had any ongoing issues with your PC? Msg them and be prepared to be patient
jamesedwards

BFDon wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:31 pm
If 'Premium Charge' as in Premium charged paid has fallen, that should never happen unless you've had any ongoing issues with your PC? Msg them and be prepared to be patient
Where would you find Premium Charges Paid please?
BFDon

On your statement

Commission
+
Other charges
+
Premium Charges
=
Total charges
jamesedwards

BFDon wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:20 pm
On your statement

Commission
+
Other charges
+
Premium Charges
=
Total charges
I don't think that number is the same as total PC paid. That number is the assumed PC charged based on if you have always been at your current tier, and is used to calculate the PC owed for that week. eg if you moved from 50% to 40% the number would drastically decrease and vice versa.
napshnap

jamesedwards wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:39 pm
BFDon wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:31 pm
Where would you find Premium Charges Paid please?
Try this, James - viewtopic.php?p=283109#p283109.
deestar

jamesedwards wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:35 am
BFDon wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:20 pm
On your statement

Commission
+
Other charges
+
Premium Charges
=
Total charges
I don't think that number is the same as total PC paid. That number is the assumed PC charged based on if you have always been at your current tier, and is used to calculate the PC owed for that week. eg if you moved from 50% to 40% the number would drastically decrease and vice versa.
It isn't. The only way you are going to know what you have paid in cash in PC charges is to look back through your transaction history and to keep an ongoing record.
Commission (should equal Commission generated from wins and theoretical commission from losses)
Other Charges (should equal a nominal top up when you move from 20% rate to a higher rate)
Premium Charges (should equal what has been paid in cash, but it also includes the initial £1k allowance and any write offs - they write off a week when you first move between % rates)

But as you can see from mine attached, they have never split out the Other Charges ( in my case it is £66k) and I'm not sure I'd trust them to to get the figure right if they tried. Bottom line, keep your own records.
PC Example.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BFDon

From my understanding 'other charges' covers the top up from being on a given rate and changes when you move bands. At least that is what happened to me (account set up pre pc)
deestar

BFDon wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:24 am
From my understanding 'other charges' covers the top up from being on a given rate and changes when you move bands. At least that is what happened to me (account set up pre pc)
Yes it is meant to. But as you can see from my statement they have never split it out correctly. I gave up trying to get them to show it correctly after they adjusted it once to an incorrect figure. The two ratios that are important on that statement are

Commission/Gross Profit gives you your underlying com rate (i.e what is your base rate) In my case 19%. Should it get below 10% I'd be on a higher PC rate)

Total Charges/Gross Profit tells you if you need to pay PC in any given week. In my case anything under 40% incurs a PC charge.

There is no way, from the numbers on the statement, of working out your life time Net Profit. You need to keep a tally of that separately.

Return to “Betfair exchange”