Is betfair dead?

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Derek27

jimibt wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:50 pm
i still don't honestly get what the point was here?? all the argument about hoovering up and feeling slighted, and then we see a screenshot of BA in practice mode where the bets aren't queued or serviced by the live matching engine. can someone explain the rationale behind this long and exhausting set of exchanges??
Yes, there is none, other than entertainment. :D
Derek27

Cardano wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:12 pm
jimibt wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:03 pm
Cardano wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:59 pm

Re your comment underlined
i still don't honestly get what the point was here?? all the argument about hoovering up and feeling slighted

At no point did I say I felt slighted - why would I :?:
this was where i made the inference that you may have felt slighted:
Cardano wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:10 pm

Ok I'll try and be clearer. I place a £100 'back' bet on West Orchard just before it runs out does the BF bot grab the majority of my £100
and to answer that question, it'd have to be a NO due to the fact that Betfair are unaware of how much bets you'll have placed in practice mode.
The question didn't make any reference to practice mode - refer to the original question if you are not sure :)
Did you place a £100 back bet WITH REAL MONEY? YES/NO/NOT SURE
Last edited by Derek27 on Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShaunWhite

I've been out and washed the car, proper shammy job not a drip dry, hoovered and wiped down inside. Then had a cuppa sat in the winter sun...... And you're still going on about it :lol:
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:37 pm
I've been out and washed the car, proper shammy job not a drip dry, hoovered and wiped down inside. Then had a cuppa sat in the winter sun...... And you're still going on about it :lol:
I've been to the doctor's and done my shopping while they were all at it. :)
Kai

ShaunWhite wrote:
It's like one of them age-old questions innit

Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:53 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
What the hell do you even mean Derek, half of them posts were yours repeating and quoting the same thing 10 times

Why can't people just reply to the relevant bits without quoting half of the damn forum every time, my scroll wheel broke by page 5
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:02 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:53 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
What the hell do you even mean Derek, half of them posts were yours repeating and quoting the same thing 10 times

Why can't people just reply to the relevant bits without quoting half of the damn forum every time, my scroll wheel broke by page 5
Not while I was out they weren't. I thought the conversation was over but came back and there was another pageful. :)
Derek27

A question for you Cardano. I've just laid Camila Giorgi at 1.04. Is the account holder that took my bet named John? YES/NO/NOT SURE :D
Cardano

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:11 pm
A question for you Cardano. I've just laid Camila Giorgi at 1.04. Is the account holder that took my bet named John? YES/NO/NOT SURE :D
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:11 pm
You stick to what you are good at : being a PERSEVERANT :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trader724

Cardano wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:14 pm

You stick to what you are good at : being a PERSEVERANT :lol:
Very good job 👍
numberzero

By the way... There are many markets and even matches on the exchange in which the sum of prematch bets is zero.And the number of such matches growing fast.It's just a shame for the world №1exchange.

Do you think it is possible for a bookie like bet365 or Willhill to have zero in the amount of deals in the ITF tennis markets or for example the Algerian football championship, made before the start of the game? I doubt.But bf continues to give zero markets and disgrace.

This happened because the exchange has stopped advertising
Mr. Jackson, then draw the sums and let's earn something at least for those who are trying to fill these markets with money. IF you can't provide liquidity
Derek27

numberzero wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:28 am
By the way... There are many markets and even matches on the exchange in which the sum of prematch bets is zero.And the number of such matches growing fast.It's just a shame for the world №1exchange.

Do you think it is possible for a bookie like bet365 or Willhill to have zero in the amount of deals in the ITF tennis markets or for example the Algerian football championship, made before the start of the game? I doubt.But bf continues to give zero markets and disgrace.

Mr. Jackson, then draw the sums and let's earn something at least for those who are trying to fill these markets with money. IF you can't provide liquidity
Apologies for your thread being sidetracked No. 0.

I would have thought the reason for zero turnover markets on Betfair is the sheer number of markets they offer. Even if you look at a big football match they have markets that nobody is interested in and probably many markets that bookies don't offer. From my betting days, I remember if I wanted to back a horse in an obscure race the night before, they would sometimes accept bets with a maximum liability of £300, i.e. you could have £100 on a 2/1 but only £15 on a 20/1. That would suggest that they're not really expecting much to be gambled on the race until early afternoon.
Kai

Can try asking Betfair to open certain markets

I get people wanting to get involved in markets they have fast feeds for etc

If thread title was "Is Betfair dying?" then most people would probably say yes, 90% of the easy pickings are gone for me as well, used to be enough to just show up at any markt and that wasn't that long ago either, while now some effort is very much required, but this is normal for everyone
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:00 pm
Can try asking Betfair to open certain markets

I get people wanting to get involved in markets they have fast feeds for etc

If thread title was "Is Betfair dying?" then most people would probably say yes, 90% of the easy pickings are gone for me as well, used to be enough to just show up at any markt and that wasn't that long ago either, while now some effort is very much required, but this is normal for everyone
Most of the easy pickings have gone, but on the positive side, at least it got us all into the game. Just like the discount for new customers, we're not new customers anymore. :)
Cardano

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:49 pm
numberzero wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:28 am

I would have thought the reason for zero turnover markets on Betfair is the sheer number of markets they offer. Even if you look at a big football match they have markets that nobody is interested in and probably many markets that bookies don't offer. From my betting days, I remember if I wanted to back a horse in an obscure race the night before, they would sometimes accept bets with a maximum liability of £300, i.e. you could have £100 on a 2/1 but only £15 on a 20/1. That would suggest that they're not really expecting much to be gambled on the race until early afternoon.
Re comment from OP underlined

I think that now the markets are filled with the money of Bf and it is doubtful to beat their bot

Re your comment above underlined below

Nice of you to apologise
I'd be interested on your views on that

Return to “Betfair exchange”