Closed Account

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
BetScalper

Wonderwall wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:57 am
BetScalper wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:51 am
And, it makes a big difference if you have streaming turned on instead of polling their servers.
What does that mean pls ?
Go to into settings and turn on streaming 20ms speed.

Basically It means BF push the data to you rather than you constantly polling there servers at 200ms etc. So in some respects you stay under the radar.
pibe

Betfair just closed my account for the same reasons. I am new in this sports trading/gambling world, I was just trying to learn some things. My stakes were very low because of this (is this a crime?). I am even a loser player in betfair.

What are my options now?
Derek27

pibe wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:56 pm
Betfair just closed my account for the same reasons. I am new in this sports trading/gambling world, I was just trying to learn some things. My stakes were very low because of this (is this a crime?). I am even a loser player in betfair.

What are my options now?
Welcome to the forum pibe.

viewtopic.php?p=188271#p188271
Wildly

Wonderwall wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:07 am
I got sent these questions, any improvements I can do to beef up the suggested answers:

• What is your anticipated number of bets per market?

You mention trading point by point in tennis.
5 bets per market contradicts that
Kevynx1

Hi Guys.

I have just got the same account closure message as well.

I was cheating the syste by placing under £2.00 bets on the exchange so that may be why they closed the account.

TBH I am happy to place £2.00 stakes if that makes them happy but I got no warning or anything just account closed on yer bike :? :?

I will try and appeal and let them know that I am happy to do what needs to be doen to carry on.
spreadbetting

Good to see they're finally closing down the under £2 bettors, plenty are placed to stay out of view.

You'll just have to email or contact BDP kevnyx1 and hope they give you a second chance.
ANGELS15

spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:29 am
Good to see they're finally closing down the under £2 bettors, plenty are placed to stay out of view.

You'll just have to email or contact BDP kevnyx1 and hope they give you a second chance.
If this keeps happening Betfair's goodwill may run out one day. I've also noticed a reduction/deterioration in their resources to deal with technical issues etc
BetScalper

Kevynx1 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:03 am
Hi Guys.

I have just got the same account closure message as well.

I was cheating the syste by placing under £2.00 bets on the exchange so that may be why they closed the account.

TBH I am happy to place £2.00 stakes if that makes them happy but I got no warning or anything just account closed on yer bike :? :?

I will try and appeal and let them know that I am happy to do what needs to be doen to carry on.
I doubt you will get a second chance. You knew the rules and abused it and have admitted it on social media. You won’t be able to open another account with your address, payment method or DOB as they have some clever algorithm’s to catch you out.

Better cough up the £299 ASAP. 🤠
Derek27

Are the terms account restrictions and account closure used interchangeably or are we actually talking about the account being closed with no login access to the site and API?
ShaunWhite

BetScalper wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:46 am
Paying the 299 doesn't help.
All that does is buy you a personal use api key to use in your own software, you still need to follow all the same restrictions as you do when using the commercial api licence that you are using when you use BA. £299 doesn't buy you a lifetime of unlimited data.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:04 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:46 am
Paying the 299 doesn't help.
All that does is buy you a personal use api key to use in your own software, you still need to follow all the same restrictions as you do when using the commercial api licence that you are using when you use BA. £299 doesn't buy you a lifetime of unlimited data.
You need a funded account as well to purchase the licence as they deduct it from your Betfair balance, so it won't be possible if the account is closed!
dropss81

I'm in the same situation with no chance of re-opening... what helpful advices can I get from you traders...

I lost a lot on HR and I took a break to find a strategy to work to get it back slowly but this method didn't help and closed my account on business grounds..VERY FRUSTRATING HELP
ANGELS15

dropss81 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:09 pm
I'm in the same situation with no chance of re-opening... what helpful advices can I get from you traders...

I lost a lot on HR and I took a break to find a strategy to work to get it back slowly but this method didn't help and closed my account on business grounds..VERY FRUSTRATING HELP
Try this link:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=22382&start=40

Return to “Betfair exchange”