Betfair Premium Charge

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Euler

You are miles off. It used to be on the tab all the time, but they removed it for some reason. Probably to avoid highlighting the potential for the charge.
sa7med

If you haven't met these criteria (https://en-betfair.custhelp.com/app/ans ... -pay-it%3F) then you should definitely contact betfair
ScoreX

Good to know, thanks.
Kai

ScoreX wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:28 am
I've not gotten an email letting me know I was eligible for PC, do I need to talk to BF and see how it's happened?
You can contact their Twitter support and sort it out in a few mins probably, obviously no fear of getting premium charged. But it might be a better idea to do nothing, if you want to monitor your account progress more closely, because not many get to see that tab in the first place. I'd probably leave it.
Derek27

ScoreX wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:28 am
Hi guys,

Got an email from betfair regarding plan changes from 1st Jan so I had a look and nothing really changes. What I did notice is that I can now see the Premium Charge entry on the dropdown even though I should be miles away from it given what I've read about the requirements.

Is anyone else seeing it who shouldnt be? I've not gotten an email letting me know I was eligible for PC, do I need to talk to BF and see how it's happened?
I can't remember if I had access to my premium portal, as it was called then, before I started paying PC, but that looks absolutely fine to me. That 40% figure in brackets would have to drop to 20% before you're liable, and then the £1000 allowance will get consumed before they actually take money out of your account.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:35 pm
I can't remember if I had access to my premium portal, as it was called then, before I started paying PC, but that looks absolutely fine to me. That 40% figure in brackets would have to drop to 20% before you're liable, and then the £1000 allowance will get consumed before they actually take money out of your account.
He must have started profiting recently, otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to show up on his account. I used to keep detailed records (a few screenshots :D) of PC and mine actually first showed up when my charges were at 31% although the page looked different back then. After several weeks the charges steadily dropped below 20% and started burning through my allowance so they obviously knew that the account was going in this direction. Maybe you're right that this is normal, perhaps it's the same for OP.

In any case, best of luck to OP.
ScoreX

Cheers for the answers. I'll just leave it alone if it's no harm.

And indeed, only recently started becoming profitable. Long may it last :lol:
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:44 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:35 pm
He must have started profiting recently, otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to show up on his account. I used to keep detailed records (a few screenshots :D) of PC and mine actually first showed up when my charges were at 31% although the page looked different back then. After several weeks the charges steadily dropped below 20% and started burning through my allowance so they obviously knew that the account was going in this direction. Maybe you're right that this is normal, perhaps it's the same for OP.

In any case, best of luck to OP.
Back in those days your PC would exclude last week, as the graphic shows. When they changed the web page they also modified the rules to grab your profits immediately.
Kai

What I find interesting is the number of markets in both screenshots, a couple thousand markets worth of experience before one barely even starts becoming profitable says it all ready. While someone like Luke thought he cracked it after like 6 markets :D

Without Peter and others that publicly share a good chunk of their hard-earned knowledge those numbers would undoubtedly need to be far bigger.
Naffman

Do you get an email when getting to the higher rate of PC like when you get to 20%?
Euler

My daughter just reached the first stage a month or two ago and they contact on the week you cross the barrier. You get one week of refunded charges and an email.
Euler

Naffman

Thanks Peter, and congrats on your daughter, sounds like she'll be giving you a run for your money ;)
spreadbetting

Euler wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:57 am
Try clicking on this link: -

https://myaccount.betfair.com/activity/premium-charges
Does that link work for people, the portal link has disappeared when I log in the website.
Untitled.png
Kai

spreadbetting wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:18 pm
Euler wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:57 am
Try clicking on this link: -

https://myaccount.betfair.com/activity/premium-charges
Does that link work for people, the portal link has disappeared when I log in the website.

Untitled.png
Noticed yesterday the PC page was gone.

Return to “Betfair exchange”