Betfair Premium Charge

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
foxwood

Derek27 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:48 pm
I'm afraid it's slightly more complex than that. You need to consider you're position when your total profits reach £250K. That extra £35 could mean the difference between 40-50% or 50-60%. The majority of traders make more profit with more experience and when you hit the higher rate, 10% of your weekly profits is likely a lot more than what you're saving on the way up.
Yes, quite relevant - the sample just topped the 10% target level but a mixed bag of betting strategies and/or trading may make it worth paying that extra £35 in commission now for benefit further down the line.

Probably means each individual should sit down and do their own sums to see what their style and strategies are leading to longer term which OP was wisely looking at.
Derek27

foxwood wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 4:29 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:48 pm
I'm afraid it's slightly more complex than that. You need to consider you're position when your total profits reach £250K. That extra £35 could mean the difference between 40-50% or 50-60%. The majority of traders make more profit with more experience and when you hit the higher rate, 10% of your weekly profits is likely a lot more than what you're saving on the way up.
Yes, quite relevant - the sample just topped the 10% target level but a mixed bag of betting strategies and/or trading may make it worth paying that extra £35 in commission now for benefit further down the line.

Probably means each individual should sit down and do their own sums to see what their style and strategies are leading to longer term which OP was wisely looking at.
I'm currently paying 2% and on lifetime commission of about 15%. But my weekly rate on gross profits is 4-8% so I need to keep a close eye on it and not let lifetime rates drop below 10%.
megarain

A friend sent me a picture of his PC and asked how much he can win before hes on 40%

Is there an easy calculation for this ?
PC 20%.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

megarain wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:52 pm
A friend sent me a picture of his PC and asked how much he can win before hes on 40%

Is there an easy calculation for this ?

PC 20%.jpg
I presume you're talking about net profits before reaching £250K. I don't think there's any way of working it out because it would depend on how much commission and PC he pays, which in turn depends on his profit/loss ratio.

Return to “Betfair exchange”