Betfair SP

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Bear's The Name

spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:09 pm
Bear's The Name wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:41 pm

If this had happened on a UK race people would be all over it on the forum but sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person who does the US racing as it doesn't get much discussion.
Sadly the US markets died a death a long time ago, I'd automate them but the start times are so unpredictable and just guides. The AUS racing by comparison is just perfect for botting they're rarely too far off the scheduled times.

Back in the day the US markets were so active the US racing forum was buzzing thnk a combination of things like PC, more evening racing in the UK and Betfair cutting back on the courses they covered all led to it's death.
Hi spreadbetting. My way of getting around the off time problem is to set my bets to trigger not by the off time but by the time the market reaches a certain volume. Once it's reached say 8-10k there's plenty to work with and lots of volatily. I just seem to have an instinctive feel for the US markets unlike the AUS stuff which I've never managed to get my head round. Horses for courses I suppose.
lotora

Dallas wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:31 pm
chrisyedge wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:26 pm
HI All,

I am really struggling to automated take SP for greyhound markets on unmatched bets. i have tried all i can think of but simply will not trigger. Obviously running in practice wont help as the bet will always match

Help
What size are the stakes your trying to take SP with?
The minimum stake for a back bet at SP is £2 (or the local currency equivalent). The minimum liability if laying is £10 (or the local currency equivalent).
Is it also the minimum stakes for all other countries except Australia (for take SP)?

Return to “Betfair exchange”