Multiple Betfair Accounts

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
LinusP

spreadbetting wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:54 pm
LinusP wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:55 pm
You guys are playing with fire if you normally pay PC and don't have the accounts linked..

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19679&start=30#p200414
You only had to pay what was 'due' though Linus, no penalty charges or account closure.

I've a couple of accounts, annoyingly they removed the API keys I had on one I hadn't used for a while.
Yep, but if you have been doing this for a few years then the bill can be rather large..
Crazyskier

I read this with interest as I've suffered from the same issues for some time, ie testing new strategies on already-used events with trades, be that manual or auto.

From Peter Le and others replies it seems that if I open a new account in my wife's name and bank card or Paypal account it would be OK, even though the IP and home addresses would be the same? Note that I'm nowhere near PC charges (yet!) as though the last years have been profitable, I lost gazillions prior to this as a typical mug punter.

Any further insights or confirmation of the above, much appreciated.

CS
LinusP

Crazyskier wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:59 pm
I read this with interest as I've suffered from the same issues for some time, ie testing new strategies on already-used events with trades, be that manual or auto.

From Peter Le and others replies it seems that if I open a new account in my wife's name and bank card or Paypal account it would be OK, even though the IP and home addresses would be the same? Note that I'm nowhere near PC charges (yet!) as though the last years have been profitable, I lost gazillions prior to this as a typical mug punter.

Any further insights or confirmation of the above, much appreciated.

CS
If you want to play it safe open a new account in your name (require a different card or payment method) and then get bdp support to link them.

Lots of users have multiple accounts due to the BlueSquare merger, they tried to cut down on multiple accounts due to KYC, even with an MSA you have to sign a document every year.
dadof2uk

I've been kicked in the teeth a bit on this whole issue.

I come from an FX/Spreadbetting background where it is normal to open up live, anonymous demo accounts with a broker for testing before opening up a real account and depositing cash. So when I came across sports trading, I innocently thought that I could do the same. I set up an anonymous Betfair account (without verifying it, obviously) until I was ready to open up a real account with my details.

Eventually, I tried to open up a real account a couple of weeks ago and I can't. I contacted them via the chat portal (a 40 minute wait) gave them all my details, address, dob etc ..... and this was their reply -

"I can see this is because you have previously held an account with us which has been closed on business grounds, due to this you will be unable to hold an account with Betfair, I am very sorry."

I definitely haven't registered an account with Betfair under my name before and when I mentioned this on chat, the girl just said to take it up with the police (as if I'm going to do that).

This absolutely knocked me for six because over the last 3 months, I've been investing a lot of time, emotion and hope in believing I can crack sports trading with BetAngel. It also got me thinking that if I did master the skills needed, where would I go if BetFair just arbitrarily decided to close down my account one day? I know there are other sports exchanges (I'm registered with BetDaq) but I have yet to see anyone talk about trading success on these without using a Betfair account as reference, particularly Betfair's charts.

I don't know if it is because I opened up a 'blag' account and browser cookies have alerted them when I tried to open up my real account and I'm now black listed or am I a victim of identity theft ? I highly doubt it. There's but no way to find out and I just don't know what to do.

I know I'm jumping onto an old thread but I just thought I'd share my own experience/predicament.
Derek27

dadof2uk wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:13 pm

I come from an FX/Spreadbetting background where it is normal to open up live, anonymous demo accounts with a broker for testing before opening up a real account and depositing cash. So when I came across sports trading, I innocently thought that I could do the same. I set up an anonymous Betfair account (without verifying it, obviously) until I was ready to open up a real account with my details.

Eventually, I tried to open up a real account a couple of weeks ago and I can't. I contacted them via the chat portal (a 40 minute wait) gave them all my details, address, dob etc ..... and this was their reply -

"I can see this is because you have previously held an account with us which has been closed on business grounds, due to this you will be unable to hold an account with Betfair, I am very sorry."

I definitely haven't registered an account with Betfair under my name before and when I mentioned this on chat, the girl just said to take it up with the police (as if I'm going to do that).

This absolutely knocked me for six because over the last 3 months, I've been investing a lot of time, emotion and hope in believing I can crack sports trading with BetAngel. It also got me thinking that if I did master the skills needed, where would I go if BetFair just arbitrarily decided to close down my account one day? I know there are other sports exchanges (I'm registered with BetDaq) but I have yet to see anyone talk about trading success on these without using a Betfair account as reference, particularly Betfair's charts.

I don't know if it is because I opened up a 'blag' account and browser cookies have alerted them when I tried to open up my real account and I'm now black listed or am I a victim of identity theft ? I highly doubt it. There's but no way to find out and I just don't know what to do.

I know I'm jumping onto an old thread but I just thought I'd share my own experience/predicament.
How did you manage to open a Betfair account without giving your name, address and bank details?

The issue here is premium charge. As you receive a £1000 PC allowance when you open an account and have to pay 20% on profits once it's consumed, Betfair would see opening more than one account without linking them as avoiding paying PC, which they clamp down on quite heavily.
dadof2uk

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:34 pm
dadof2uk wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:13 pm

How did you manage to open a Betfair account without giving your name, address and bank details?

The issue here is premium charge. As you receive a £1000 PC allowance when you open an account and have to pay 20% on profits once it's consumed, Betfair would see opening more than one account without linking them as avoiding paying PC, which they clamp down on quite heavily.
You only need a valid email address to initially open up a Betfair account to gain access to the exchange and everything it has to offer, video streams, charts etc... In fact, you get everything except the ability to deposit funds. To achieve this, you then need to go through the verification process which is when your details need to correlate with that on your identification documentation.
paddyb21

I had my betfair account closed a few years back and i cant reopen it? Ive moved country now if i got to set up another account with address in a new country and new bank in a new country? Will that work?
rik

maybe its better asking them to reopen the old one to avoid confusion
gareth75

Can 2 Betfair accounts be used through one bet Angel subscription? Ideally I’d like one To be for football & the other for horses . Is this possible? The 2 Betfair accounts are in different names one is mine that I’ve had for years & the other is my wife’s which is a couple of years old. Thanks

Return to “Betfair exchange”