Betfair left Russia

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Selmer

VilluV wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:11 pm
Russian customers got also now 2 weeks prior notice?
That`s correct. You could also find the info about it on the website. There was nothing about Estonia though, I didn`t even know they left there.
VilluV

VilluV wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:59 pm
Does anyone know if Betfair had actual legal reasons or even right to not only left Russian and Estonian market, but to also void/cancel all the bets, or what is the backround of these market closures?

I was hit by over 250 000 EUR financial damage because of this closure and IBAS is currently dealing with my case, but I wonder if anyone in this forum has some unique or interesting insight to these closures.

Betfair’s official excuse has been new regulations and that country’s authorities have ordered to execute these actions. I talked straightly to Estonian gambling authority and they confirmed that there are no new regulations, neither have they contacted Betfair or ordered them to do anything this year.
To let the betting community know: I'm glad to announce that my and Betfair dispute has been resolved amicably and through the IBAS panel arbriation, Betfair has paid me £208,700 as a settlement of my claim.
jimibt

VilluV wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:36 am
VilluV wrote:
Does anyone know if Betfair had actual legal reasons or even right to not only left Russian and Estonian market, but to also void/cancel all the bets, or what is the backround of these market closures?

I was hit by over 250 000 EUR financial damage because of this closure and IBAS is currently dealing with my case, but I wonder if anyone in this forum has some unique or interesting insight to these closures.

Betfair’s official excuse has been new regulations and that country’s authorities have ordered to execute these actions. I talked straightly to Estonian gambling authority and they confirmed that there are no new regulations, neither have they contacted Betfair or ordered them to do anything this year.
To let the betting community know: I'm glad to announce that my and Betfair dispute has been resolved amicably and through the IBAS panel arbriation, Betfair has paid me £208,700 as a settlement of my claim.
glad to hear of a happy resolution for once. good for you!! hope you manage to find another way to participate in the markets as you've obviously been doing rather well before.
Naffman

VilluV wrote:
VilluV wrote:

Congrats :D must've been a worrying time the last few months!
wearthefoxhat

VilluV wrote:
VilluV wrote:

Nice one.

Now, lump it on Biden @ 1.05... (£1.3m available) Market to be settled 14 December... (easy +£10k) ;)

You might need to travel across the border to do it though...
VilluV

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm moving to Malta very soon to get the residency there (that I wouldn't have to worry about regulations and everything else regarding to gambling).
dahdah

hello everyone.
Villuv , any reason why you chose malta? thanks
dahdah

hello everyone.
Villuv , any reason why you chose malta? thanks

Return to “Betfair exchange”