Betfair VIP

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
NickH

Been a Betfair VIP for quite some time, but unfortunately lost the status a month ago due to some other interests for a month. When asking what the criteria are to become one again, the live chat is not willing to respond and the VIP team is not responding as I am no longer a VIP. Anyone have any idea? Based on commissions? Deposits? What would the thresholds be?
Last edited by NickH on Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euler

I've never worked out what the actual criteria is but I'm aware you can sit into one of two VIP states.
spreadbetting

NickH wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:51 pm
Been a Betfair VIP for quite some time, but unfortunately lost the status a month ago ....
How do you know if you're a Betfair VIP? i.e. how did you know you'd lost that status,Is there some web login for VIP customers?
Derek27

What are the benefits of being a Betfair VIP, besides getting a badge?
NickH

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:18 pm
NickH wrote:
Been a Betfair VIP for quite some time, but unfortunately lost the status a month ago ....
How do you know if you're a Betfair VIP? i.e. how did you know you'd lost that status,Is there some web login for VIP customers?
There is a specific e-mail you can contact in regard to questions, same as a phone number. When calling them about an issue, they informed me I was no longer a VIP. If becoming a VIP, they normally send you an e-mail to inform you I believe.
NickH

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:25 pm
Not really sure, from a personal perspective they at least understand that a customer-provider relationship should not be completely one sided. Furthermore, mostly due to my location, not receiving any other promotions, but have heard that some people get offered some tickets for matches, etc..
Trader Pat

spreadbetting wrote:
How do you know if you're a Betfair VIP?
idris Elba turns up at your front door!
spreadbetting

NickH wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:26 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
NickH wrote:
There is a specific e-mail you can contact in regard to questions, same as a phone number. When calling them about an issue, they informed me I was no longer a VIP. If becoming a VIP, they normally send you an e-mail to inform you I believe.
Thanks, guess I'm not a VIP member then , never had the email,telephone number or match tickets :(

Only reason I thought I may be is because when I get whatsapp messages from my account manager the name comes up Betfair VIP but I guess they must all deal with the VIP clients as well as PC ones.
NickH

Only VIP's have account managers, so I guess you are a VIP.. Just check with the live chat if you are not sure I guess!

edit: just to clarify, have not received anything in regards to match tickets, etc. myself as well. Just what I have heard in the past.
Last edited by NickH on Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LinusP

NickH wrote:
Been a Betfair VIP for quite some time, but unfortunately lost the status a month ago due to some other interests for a month. When asking what the criteria are to become one again, the live chat is not willing to respond and the VIP team is not responding as I am no longer a VIP. Anyone have any idea? Based on commissions? Deposits? What would the thresholds be?

From a personal perspective I am not able to opt in to any promotions on the site (no betfair rewards, free bet streaks, etc.) and the VIP team always provided me with some sort of compensation once every few weeks in the form of a small free bet to ensure that I could also benefit from something 'free', but the 'normal' chat is just refusing to understand that a client-provider relationship isn't all about just paying commissions and not receiving anything small back.. :D
Start losing again
Euler

Derek27 wrote:
There are two types of VIP

Recreational, where you get invites, taken out for dinner and the like. General if you are in this category you are a net loser.

Non-Recreational, like us where you are net winners to don't get any freebies or encouragement. But you may get elevated customer service levels.

I have a variety of contacts across the business, so I don't really use my account manager that much. But occasionally talk to him.
spreadbetting

Derek27 wrote:
I'd be happy if I got the badge
Derek27

I'd be happy to get taken out to dinner. ;)
LinusP

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:11 pm
Move to automation and start pushing through large sums or provide liquidity in some of the low liquid sports.
Derek27

LinusP wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:29 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:11 pm
Move to automation and start pushing through large sums or provide liquidity in some of the low liquid sports.
According to Peter you have to lose to get into the recreational club.

Return to “Betfair exchange”