Logging into Betfair with email?

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Derek27

Can anyone who logs into Betfair with an email address tell me if switching this feature on disables username access?

I've asked Betfair if I can change my username and they said just go to your account page and change it!!! :roll:
Tetras

I'm not sure, but I do know that you don't need to have a username.
Derek27

Tetras wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:58 pm
I'm not sure, but I do know that you don't need to have a username.
That might be the case now but for people who joined several years (or maybe a decade) ago, you needed a username and now we're stuck with it, and fraudsters can potentially attempt to log in.

I suppose I can always test it. I don't feel insecure (as far as my account's concerned ;) ) with a strong password and 2SA, but I don't want to get bombarded with emails that somebody's trying to log in.
Derek27

Switching to email login hasn't worked for me. It won't accept my email address but it still allows logging in with my username!
wearthefoxhat

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:25 am
Switching to email login hasn't worked for me. It won't accept my email address but it still allows logging in with my username!
Only ever used a user name (decades ago)

If it's a real issue for you, I'd ask betfair if you could re create a new account with a user name and use the other security features too.

You're not trying to avoid PC, just improve you're security measures.
Derek27

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:45 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:25 am
Only ever used a user name (decades ago)

If it's a real issue for you, I'd ask betfair if you could re create a new account with a user name and use the other security features too.

You're not trying to avoid PC, just improve you're security measures.
It's difficult. The person I spoke to told me to change my username on the website. I told her you can't do that. Then she offered to change my email address. I had to explain to her that that's no use and I can do that myself anyway. Then she just advised me what I advised her - that you can't change your username!

I have heard of somebody getting a new account but in that instance, his account was actually hacked and nobody at CS is likely to know anything about that. When they say "please wait while I consult the accounts team", that just means, piss off, I'm going out for a pub lunch! :evil:

Return to “Betfair exchange”