Betfair has closed my account on 'business grounds'

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Derek27

posman wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:29 am
Betfair exchange : Betfair has closed my account on 'business grounds'

So where is the post relating to the heading?
You've probably mistaken the end of the topic for the beginning.

viewtopic.php?p=242463#p242463
jimibt

Johnedale wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:51 pm
whyzee wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:45 pm
Nov. 16. Answer from BF Developers support (https://betfairdevelopersupport.zendesk ... quests/new):
"Apologies, we've been having issues with vendor data recently which has been resolved; your account was not showing your vendor betting activity but only your reading which is in excess of over 25 million requests. I've now re-opened your account as I can see your active betting history. However, where possible could you please try minimize your data requests as 25 million requests is a very large volume. Please ensure you close down any software/exchange websites when you are not actively betting."
I contacted Developer Support as well and finally got my account reopened today. Wasn't a mistake in my case, they could see my betting activity but it wasn't enough to justify the data requests I was making. Had to agree to use a slower refresh rate in Guardian until I increase my betting, but at least the account is back open.

Thanks to the people who offered advice on here and in messages.
make sure you use streaming!! that literally only registers a login (BA subscribes to updates, rather than polling!!)
Last edited by jimibt on Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimibt

Johnedale wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:51 pm
whyzee wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:45 pm
Nov. 16. Answer from BF Developers support (https://betfairdevelopersupport.zendesk ... quests/new):
"Apologies, we've been having issues with vendor data recently which has been resolved; your account was not showing your vendor betting activity but only your reading which is in excess of over 25 million requests. I've now re-opened your account as I can see your active betting history. However, where possible could you please try minimize your data requests as 25 million requests is a very large volume. Please ensure you close down any software/exchange websites when you are not actively betting."
I contacted Developer Support as well and finally got my account reopened today. Wasn't a mistake in my case, they could see my betting activity but it wasn't enough to justify the data requests I was making. Had to agree to use a slower refresh rate in Guardian until I increase my betting, but at least the account is back open.

Thanks to the people who offered advice on here and in messages.
opps , dbl post!!
Derek27

jimibt wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:05 pm
opps , dbl post!!
Too late now but you could have deleted the double post before somebody (me, in this case) posted after. :D
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:16 pm
jimibt wrote:
opps , dbl post!!
Too late now but you could have deleted the double post before somebody (me, in this case) posted after. :D
yeah, could have... didn't :D
Johnedale

jimibt wrote:

make sure you use streaming!! that literally only registers a login (BA subscribes to updates, rather than polling!!)
Thanks. Never realised it made such a difference. I've confirmed with Developer support that if I switch to streaming then refresh rate won't be an issue.

Return to “Betfair exchange”