Betfair has closed my account on 'business grounds'

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
sniffer66

weemac wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:39 am
Navigate to a horse race, and in "Settings:Betting" (top right) there's a refresh rate option ranging from 1-15 secs refresh, but I think that only applies to the event your browser is currently looking at. I've never seen an overall site refresh option.
Cheers.

That implies that if you have the site open but not a specific market then you aren't grabbing data ?
Tetras

The home page has a feed to lots of markets, I could imagine it's even worse than one market? The P&L page I'd assume was safe?
LeTiss

Dallas wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:21 am
LeTiss wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:05 am
I'm sure I'm not alone here, but I often am logged into Betfair Live Video, whilst trading on Bet Angel

This lack of clarity makes me a little nervous!!
The live video shouldn't make any difference (i'm logged into that to all day to) and there wasn't any reference to it from BF, they only said it was there main website where data is being pulled from, it also likely the page your sat on could make a big difference
What about Guardian and the storing of values?

If BF are starting to move the goalposts, what sort of stuff will suddenly appear on the radar

I don't trust them, Dallas!!
eightbo

Can't see them turning away established customers with a direct ban in same fashion as OP.
PP/BF (flutter ?) have their moments but one's thing for sure they like to fatten the goose so hard to see much concern for active players imo.

Would expect a warning email first allowing for chance to adjust at the very least.
wearthefoxhat

sniffer66 wrote:
LeTiss wrote:
I'm sure I'm not alone here, but I often am logged into Betfair Live Video, whilst trading on Bet Angel

Me too. I have the BF site open for days on end. Can't see anything in the settings to reduce refresh rates either
You can vary the refresh rate range from 1 second to 15 seconds. (might be worth using 15 for a while)

Top right of Betfair page.

settings.png
betting.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sniffer66

Cheers. I'm going blind in my old age :)
spreadbetting

I'm sure the betfair site is optimised so as not to download too much info from Betfair on the main page. Whyzee even stated he was pullng "at least 600 football matches with 7-8 markets on each in guardian." on a Saturday, tht a hell of a lot of data if you're not putting thru a decent volume of bets for them. I've been doing one of their new PC trials and everything is based on volume of bets. I reckon they'll be looking to 'punish' those data gatherers soon enough.
Dallas

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:37 pm
Dallas wrote:
LeTiss wrote:

The live video shouldn't make any difference (i'm logged into that to all day to) and there wasn't any reference to it from BF, they only said it was there main website where data is being pulled from, it also likely the page your sat on could make a big difference
What about Guardian and the storing of values?

If BF are starting to move the goalposts, what sort of stuff will suddenly appear on the radar

I don't trust them, Dallas!!
The storing of values is all done locally (hence a major update to the internal memory management of BA last update when History lists were added so as not to caused peoples PC's to hang) therefore its just saving the information already retrieved from BF as part of the latest refresh update, so nothing different to when streaming and faster updates were introduced (which puts less load on BF servers than continually polling them for updates)
posman

Betfair exchange : Betfair has closed my account on 'business grounds'

So where is the post relating to the heading?
Johnedale

whyzee wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:45 pm
Nov. 16. Answer from BF Developers support (https://betfairdevelopersupport.zendesk ... quests/new):
"Apologies, we've been having issues with vendor data recently which has been resolved; your account was not showing your vendor betting activity but only your reading which is in excess of over 25 million requests. I've now re-opened your account as I can see your active betting history. However, where possible could you please try minimize your data requests as 25 million requests is a very large volume. Please ensure you close down any software/exchange websites when you are not actively betting."
I contacted Developer Support as well and finally got my account reopened today. Wasn't a mistake in my case, they could see my betting activity but it wasn't enough to justify the data requests I was making. Had to agree to use a slower refresh rate in Guardian until I increase my betting, but at least the account is back open.

Thanks to the people who offered advice on here and in messages.
Derek27

posman wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:29 am
Betfair exchange : Betfair has closed my account on 'business grounds'

So where is the post relating to the heading?
You've probably mistaken the end of the topic for the beginning.

viewtopic.php?p=242463#p242463
jimibt

Johnedale wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:51 pm
whyzee wrote:
Nov. 16. Answer from BF Developers support (https://betfairdevelopersupport.zendesk ... quests/new):
"Apologies, we've been having issues with vendor data recently which has been resolved; your account was not showing your vendor betting activity but only your reading which is in excess of over 25 million requests. I've now re-opened your account as I can see your active betting history. However, where possible could you please try minimize your data requests as 25 million requests is a very large volume. Please ensure you close down any software/exchange websites when you are not actively betting."
I contacted Developer Support as well and finally got my account reopened today. Wasn't a mistake in my case, they could see my betting activity but it wasn't enough to justify the data requests I was making. Had to agree to use a slower refresh rate in Guardian until I increase my betting, but at least the account is back open.

make sure you use streaming!! that literally only registers a login (BA subscribes to updates, rather than polling!!)
Last edited by jimibt on Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimibt

Johnedale wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:51 pm
whyzee wrote:

opps , dbl post!!
Derek27

jimibt wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:05 pm
opps , dbl post!!
Too late now but you could have deleted the double post before somebody (me, in this case) posted after. :D
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:16 pm
jimibt wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:05 pm
opps , dbl post!!
Too late now but you could have deleted the double post before somebody (me, in this case) posted after. :D
yeah, could have... didn't :D

Return to “Betfair exchange”