Betfair Account Restrictions & closed accounts - Getting them removed and accounts reopened

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Derek27

pedro1886 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:37 pm
After having my BF exhange account for over 3 years I received an email on fri 28th jan stating my account has been suspended.
After talking to live chat they said the security team wanted driver license, copy of a bill, pictures of cards using to deposit and screen shot of online bank linked to the card

I provided everything and Im a little worried that it's not been resolved yet. The only people I may have is that I hadn't updated my address from 6 months ago.

I've done it now & provided everything. After speaking to a few users, small issues are usually sorted in minutes.

sent an email to escalations and got the ping back stating this email is no longer checked.

I get different answers on live chat from "the security team are very busy" to "its to do with gambling laws"
If you look further back down this thread you'll find Peter had similar problems and it was related to his address.
pedro1886

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:01 pm
pedro1886 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:37 pm
After having my BF exhange account for over 3 years I received an email on fri 28th jan stating my account has been suspended.
After talking to live chat they said the security team wanted driver license, copy of a bill, pictures of cards using to deposit and screen shot of online bank linked to the card

I provided everything and Im a little worried that it's not been resolved yet. The only people I may have is that I hadn't updated my address from 6 months ago.

I've done it now & provided everything. After speaking to a few users, small issues are usually sorted in minutes.

sent an email to escalations and got the ping back stating this email is no longer checked.

I get different answers on live chat from "the security team are very busy" to "its to do with gambling laws"
If you look further back down this thread you'll find Peter had similar problems and it was related to his address.
LC just saying they cant do anything untill the security team review my docs
pedro1886

On sunday night i logged in and seen that i can now withdraw & I can log into BA through my account

never had any emails from BF telling me everything was fine
Derek27

Pleased to hear that. :)
Euler

pedro1886 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:24 pm
On sunday night i logged in and seen that i can now withdraw & I can log into BA through my account

It would be helpful if they can some sort of dialogue wouldn't it? Glad it's sorted.
Dallas

Euler wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:32 pm
pedro1886 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:24 pm

It would be helpful if they can some sort of dialogue wouldn't it? Glad it's sorted.
+1

But the main thing is you have it back
pedro1886

Thanks for the advice on this thread.

As I previously stated I emailed escalations & I got a ticket number off LC. Both I was told was "useless as the security teams need to manually review your docs". They even quoted their Ts&Cs "we have the right to suspend or close an account without notice...."
Charming.

I'm hoping it was nothing sinister and they had ran my account & seen I no longer lived at my last address. It was more to do with things like this being resolved quickly.

Just a bit annoying that they turned it back on without letting me know.

Anyway. Thanks again
Naffman

My account has been closed, unbelievable innit, I have just arrived in Norway (probably due to this even though it is legal here) and I have no escalation other than to go to IBAS! I’ve emailed Peter Jackson before and he got me in touch with someone so am hopeful that will work again, have £10k sitting in my account that basically they don’t want to refund either, utter madness.
Naffman

So basically as well if i can’t reopen my account they probably get to keep all my balance too as I didn’t deposit that much but earnt it instead, total scumbags at least call me or something to let me know if something was up so it could be rectified not just close the account and that be the end of it!!
Naffman

Is emailing Peter Jackson which is what I’ve just done the best way or is there someone better to get in touch with?
Kai

Wow. What's the reasoning behind the account closure, business grounds?
Derek27

Sorry to hear that Naffman. I can only say all the regulars on this forum who had their account suspended/closed (including Peter when he changed address) have had it re-opened eventually. If they closed it without contacting you, my guess is it's a mistake or the wrong account was closed. Good luck.
Emmson

OUTRAGEOUS some of what has been described here, long term customers who have the audacity to relocate are without warning having accounts closed. If Betfair read this forum then sort your shit out asap
SteadySlobbin

Why was the account closed? Was it just because you logged in from a different country? Not made any deposits for a while either?
Anbell

Naffman wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:28 pm
Is emailing Peter Jackson which is what I’ve just done the best way or is there someone better to get in touch with?
Sorry to hear mate. Emailing PJ seems to have been the most effective on this thread.

Return to “Betfair exchange”