Betfair Account Restrictions & closed accounts - Getting them removed and accounts reopened

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Naffman

Kai wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:05 pm
Wow. What's the reasoning behind the account closure, business grounds?
Security I think
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:09 pm
Sorry to hear that Naffman. I can only say all the regulars on this forum who had their account suspended/closed (including Peter when he changed address) have had it re-opened eventually. If they closed it without contacting you, my guess is it's a mistake or the wrong account was closed. Good luck.
Yeah it’s weird it seems to have been closed sometime after 9pm so got to be automatic, thanks I’ll need it :lol:
Emmson wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:45 am
OUTRAGEOUS some of what has been described here, long term customers who have the audacity to relocate are without warning having accounts closed. If Betfair read this forum then sort your shit out asap
It’s nuts innit, I’m more shocked at how bad live chat is, he got his ‘manager’ and he said the same thing so whoever is organising these people needs sacking asap as if it wasn’t for this forum and knowing how to escalate further I would have to contact IBAS and leave me account closed.
SteadySlobbin wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:51 am
Why was the account closed? Was it just because you logged in from a different country? Not made any deposits for a while either?
Think so but I’ve done the same from elsewhere and had no problems, I’ll update once I find some more info out.
Anbell wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:56 am
[quote=Naffman post_id=294980 time=<a href="tel:1647901705">1647901705</a> user_id=12237]
Is emailing Peter Jackson which is what I’ve just done the best way or is there someone better to get in touch with?
Sorry to hear mate. Emailing PJ seems to have been the most effective on this thread.
[/quote]

Yeah I’ve emailed him before for something and it got sorted so at least I know he reads them :lol:
Naffman

No wonder liquidity is well down though is there, seems all you have to do to get your account closed with no escalation process other than IBAS is login from another country or change your address, god knows what other reasons they have
SteadySlobbin

Does sound like an automated security type thing. Though must still be massively worrying, especially with the lack of communications and the sums at stake. Hope you get it sorted soon.

As you say, no wonder liquidity is down when accounts are just getting closed like this. Unless you have money in there, or need the account, it’s hard to see people jumping through all the hoops just to get their account open again.
Kai

Does sound like your account got automatically flagged, should be getting it back for sure.
Euler

My account was closed automatically when I updated the address on it.

I was later told, if memory serves me correctly, that when you update an address and there is a mismatch of some sort or it matches another address the account is closed automatically.

You need to get Betfair to reopen it. But the chat function in my case wasn't much help in achieving that.
Naffman

Euler wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:10 am

I was later told, if memory serves me correctly, that when you update an address and there is a mismatch of some sort or it matches another address the account is closed automatically.

You need to get Betfair to reopen it. But the chat function in my case wasn't much help in achieving that.
Yeah the live chat is useless, it really does make me want to move all my stuff over to Betdaq if I can
Naffman

UPDATE: Got a call from BF HQ and they wanted security info etc and they said they’d get back to me in the next couple of days.
Kai

Naffman wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:23 am
UPDATE: Got a call from BF HQ and they wanted security info etc and they said they’d get back to me in the next couple of days.
That's the hardest part done then I suppose, to actually get someone over there to have a look at your account. Keep us posted please.
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:02 am
Euler wrote:

Yeah the live chat is useless, it really does make me want to move all my stuff over to Betdaq if I can
Kai was told over the live chat that Betfair is not for trading, betting only. :lol:
ANGELS15

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:15 pm
Naffman wrote:
Euler wrote:

Kai was told over the live chat that Betfair is not for trading, betting only. :lol:
I can't remember where I've seen it on various 'blurbs' Betfair have put out, but I definately saw where they said punters should 'not think of it as a way of making money'.
Bog

Euler wrote:

So if someone needs to change their account address, would it be more appropriate to contact Betfair to change it? Sounds stupid, but at least they don't have an excuse to close the account:D
The same goes for logging in from another country...maybe it's better to notice them in advance....
Naffman

Kai wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:00 pm
Naffman wrote:
That's the hardest part done then I suppose, to actually get someone over there to have a look at your account. Keep us posted please.
Back open now and all done thankfully, so thanks for everyone’s help especially with the emails in previous threads.

The ones I used were:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Pretty sure one of the Peter Jackson email addresses is the best one to use as they said it come from him.
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:24 pm
Kai wrote:
Naffman wrote:
Back open now and all done thankfully, so thanks for everyone’s help especially with the emails in previous threads.

The ones I used were:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Pretty sure one of the Peter Jackson email addresses is the best one to use as they said it come from him.
Glad you got it sorted out, it didn't take long!

I remember when my Betfair account became unuseable because of a persistent hacker trying to log in (wanker!) and being told over live chat that there's nothing they can do, I thought for a few days it was the end of trading! It takes time to get through to somebody at Betfair with a functional brain but I managed it after a week just by trying live chat again and found an op who simply gave me a new account. They make the very tiniest and simplest of problems a major operation at Betfair!
Derek27

ANGELS15 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:21 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:15 pm
Naffman wrote:

I can't remember where I've seen it on various 'blurbs' Betfair have put out, but I definately saw where they said punters should 'not think of it as a way of making money'.
That's just a standard line that all bookies use. When I buy a 15-pack of beer I'm advised to drink all 15 cans responsibly, i.e. don't spill any. :lol:

It's good advice to people who open an account and start betting/trading
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:59 pm
Naffman wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:24 pm
Kai wrote:

The ones I used were:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Glad you got it sorted out, it didn't take long!

I remember when my Betfair account became unuseable because of a persistent hacker trying to log in (wanker!) and being told over live chat that there's nothing they can do, I thought for a few days it was the end of trading! It takes time to get through to somebody at Betfair with a functional brain but I managed it after a week just by trying live chat again and found an op who simply gave me a new account. They make the very tiniest and simplest of problems a major operation at Betfair!
Yeah considering how long it took others I should count myself lucky!

That's crazy isn't it, live chat seems like a lottery on who you end up speaking too and most of them don't seem properly trained either, or maybe they are just the training is that bad.

Return to “Betfair exchange”