Betfair Account Closed - Help!!

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Frogmella

So basically, they are closing the accounts of regular losers and those few they suspect of sharp practice. When you go to top up your account you are likely to face scrutiny. Since almost everyone is a loser and will have to run the gauntlet eventually, it suggests that time may be running out for the betting exchange business, in this country anyway, because without losers, there can be no winners either.
Tuco

leewillo75 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:48 am
thanks for the posts. Looks like my emails to Peter Jackson whilst not replied to directly have been passed onto their customer complaints team. However it is being dealt with by the same person that stone walled me with basic standard replies when I complained re the account closure.

No my betting habits have not changed nor has my API usage changed either.

Time will tell ... but this industry is crying out for proper regulation and quick
...are you based in the UK Lee?
jamesedwards

napshnap wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:47 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:35 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:59 am
Thanks for posting, Shaun. That's a brilliant read, I've not seen that before
liability re-use appears to be coming on stream
Can you explain this, Shaun. Is it some new feature coming?

It's only going to be for the bigger players I should think with large PC accounts...
EXPOSURE REUSE
As mentioned in previous newsletters, we're now able to offer an API function known
as Exposure Reuse. This function allows API users to offer unmatched bets on many events
simultaneously whilst only using a small percentage of your actual balance in exposure.
For example, if a £1,000 exposure reuse limit is granted, you could offer £1,000 in
unmatched bets in markets across 100 different events simultaneously. Rather than Betfair
holding 100* £1000 in exposure (£100,000), as we know your risk is technically zero until
you start getting matched, we will only hold £1,000 in exposure.
This can be particularly helpful in occasions where you’re market making in sports like
football across a multitude of leagues, which may lead you to prioritise where to allocate
unmatched exposure. Once we've enabled your account for Exposure Reuse, you can
nominate the account and events you will want to use the function on. Implementation
requires very little work.
If you are interested to find out more, please reach out to your account manager
Derek27

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:43 am
napshnap wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:47 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:35 pm

liability re-use appears to be coming on stream
Can you explain this, Shaun. Is it some new feature coming?

It's only going to be for the bigger players I should think with large PC accounts...
EXPOSURE REUSE
As mentioned in previous newsletters, we're now able to offer an API function known
as Exposure Reuse. This function allows API users to offer unmatched bets on many events
simultaneously whilst only using a small percentage of your actual balance in exposure.
For example, if a £1,000 exposure reuse limit is granted, you could offer £1,000 in
unmatched bets in markets across 100 different events simultaneously. Rather than Betfair
holding 100* £1000 in exposure (£100,000), as we know your risk is technically zero until
you start getting matched, we will only hold £1,000 in exposure.
This can be particularly helpful in occasions where you’re market making in sports like
football across a multitude of leagues, which may lead you to prioritise where to allocate
unmatched exposure. Once we've enabled your account for Exposure Reuse, you can
nominate the account and events you will want to use the function on. Implementation
requires very little work.
If you are interested to find out more, please reach out to your account manager
Does that mean that when your exposure reaches your account balance the rest of your bets get cancelled, thus, it's not possible for your account balance to hit negative?
leewillo75

Tuco wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:07 pm
leewillo75 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:48 am
thanks for the posts. Looks like my emails to Peter Jackson whilst not replied to directly have been passed onto their customer complaints team. However it is being dealt with by the same person that stone walled me with basic standard replies when I complained re the account closure.

No my betting habits have not changed nor has my API usage changed either.

Time will tell ... but this industry is crying out for proper regulation and quick
...are you based in the UK Lee?
yes I am

Return to “Betfair exchange”