Betfair Account Closed - Help!!

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Archery1969

My account was closed today around 4.00pm. :twisted:
Shaung89

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:59 pm
Any reasoning given for account closure?

Email address above has proven to be quite helpful for me (so far).
Euler

Archery1969 wrote:
I think you are first forum regular to get hit.
Archery1969

Shaung89 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:08 pm
Archery1969 wrote:

I noticed that BA had stopped working, so tried to login to my BF account and got a message saying my account had been closed for business reasons. Tried to contact support but got no where. Have emailed them so see what they come back with. Seems strange as opened the account back in 2011 with £500, emailed documents requested, always place real bets and have always used streaming mode since it was available. Not sure how I was dragged into the net. :(
Derek27

This is quite worrying and pretty much indiscriminate.
The Silk Run

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:09 pm
This is quite worrying and pretty much indiscriminate.
I see a similar pattern, it's happening to all the nice guys :cry:
sniffer66

This is starting to make me nervous. Hope you can get sorted soon Archery
Shaung89

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:35 pm
Shaung89 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:08 pm
Archery1969 wrote:

I noticed that BA had stopped working, so tried to login to my BF account and got a message saying my account had been closed for business reasons. Tried to contact support but got no where. Have emailed them so see what they come back with. Seems strange as opened the account back in 2011 with £500, emailed documents requested, always place real bets and have always used streaming mode since it was available. Not sure how I was dragged into the net. :(
Judging by the information I’ve heard through live chat and others affected, BF have had a bit of a clusterf**k with this. Lack of communication accross the business. Did you receive an email ~25/Jan telling you these docs were required?(likely not just like the rest of us).

I’ve had my account 12 years and pay PC so not exactly a customer who has sneaked under any radars 🙃 Yet I need to now send over my current docs (again).

My email to CEO got me a phone call within an hour and a “customer champion” personally handling my case who will keep me updated with phone calls. Live chat earned me nothing more than rudeness.
wearthefoxhat

I'm setting up Betdaq 2% comms - BA (Free) just in case anything happens. (Dug out a spare laptop)

The automation there, covers my needs. The markets I use are usually focussed on the skinnier prices, so liquidity should be fine too.

Will let you know if they start asking for source of funds...etc :roll:
Archery1969

Update.

My account is now open and working.

Basically, it was flagged and closed due to me logging in via BA using 2 step authentication from one IP address and me also logging in using passcode authentication via mobile from another IP address at the same time.

So, not sure if thats the same reason why others had their accounts closed but I am now happy. :)
LeTiss

Thanks for the update, Archery

Basically, it was a security alert, as opposed to proof of funding or affordability checks then?!

That's a little more understandable. I'm prepared to give BF some leeway over issues like that
Archery1969

LeTiss wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:14 am

Basically, it was a security alert, as opposed to proof of funding or affordability checks then?!

That's a little more understandable. I'm prepared to give BF some leeway over issues like that
Yeah.

Problem was they never explained why it was closed so I assumed I was lumped with all the others that had issues.

But there must be lots of people who are running BA from one location and then checking from elsewhere, i would have thought.

Anyway, pleased it was sorted out relatively quickly, unlike some others.
jimibt

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:16 am
LeTiss wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:14 am

Yeah.

Problem was they never explained why it was closed so I assumed I was lumped with all the others that had issues.

But there must be lots of people who are running BA from one location and then checking from elsewhere, i would have thought.

Anyway, pleased it was sorted out relatively quickly, unlike some others.
not sure how i haven't been affected in this way as i have an instance of BA running on my VPS, plus another software that i use for strategies i download via my webservice. I also run a local instance of BA, plus the standard BF web browser. who knows what the parameters are and for sure, BF will NEVER reveal those!
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:10 am
Update.

My account is now open and working.

Basically, it was flagged and closed due to me logging in via BA using 2 step authentication from one IP address and me also logging in using passcode authentication via mobile from another IP address at the same time.

So, not sure if thats the same reason why others had their accounts closed but I am now happy. :)
That is ridiculous! Automatic account closure when they detect a suspicious login. The day will come when a bug in their software results in everybody's account being closed!
sniffer66

Curious if you have 2FA set up Archery ? Wondering if it maybe flagged if you don't.

Return to “Betfair exchange”