Betfair Account Closed - Help!!

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
trkizzle

Bottom line, Peter Jackson is an absolute legend and will always promptly reply and try to help. Peter Jackson if you're reading this, thank you!
Archery1969

sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:17 pm
Curious if you have 2FA set up Archery ? Wondering if it maybe flagged if you don't.
Hi,

Yes i do as when i login via BA i enter my normal BF password + 6 digit number from google authenticator. But when I login via my moble it just asks me for a 4 digit pin. Maybe that's what got my account flagged and closed ?

Thanks,
Euler

Surely they would get in contact immediately because of a potential security issue?
Archery1969

Euler wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:03 pm
Surely they would get in contact immediately because of a potential security issue?
I would have thought so too. But obviously not in my case.
LeTiss

Euler wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:03 pm
"Surely" indicates common sense and clarity :lol:

That went years ago my old mucker
Crazyskier

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:10 am
Update.

My account is now open and working.

Basically, it was flagged and closed due to me logging in via BA using 2 step authentication from one IP address and me also logging in using passcode authentication via mobile from another IP address at the same time.

So, not sure if thats the same reason why others had their accounts closed but I am now happy. :)
Glad you got reopened and sorted, Archery. It does make one wonder what they're playing at!

CS
sniffer66

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:42 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:17 pm
Curious if you have 2FA set up Archery ? Wondering if it maybe flagged if you don't.
Hi,

Yes i do as when i login via BA i enter my normal BF password + 6 digit number from google authenticator. But when I login via my moble it just asks me for a 4 digit pin. Maybe that's what got my account flagged and closed ?

Thanks,
I do 2FA on both, doing the same as you - checking from my phone when my PC is running BA. Never had an issue. Would assume it gives BF that extra level of confidence it's you on both, rather than someone hacking your account.
whimsies

Peter Jackson was a great help in moving forward. But since sending all the info in I got another email, has anyone had it before??

As previously communicated, as a licensed and regulated operator, Betfair is required to undertake an extra level of due diligence for our clients. Your account is undergoing our review process and during this review we have observed some unusual behaviour on your exchange activity. Can you please provide information on the below:

• Can you provide an explanation how on you trade on the Exchange?
• Betfair terms and conditions outline we monitor for self-matching and instances of exchange intentional passing for protection of our customers. We have observed unusual transactions between your account and another party. Can you explain if you have links to another account though your transactions?
• We have observed odds being traded out of line with true probabilities, can you provide an explanation to this?

Is that the end of value betting??
Derek27

whimsies wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:39 am
Peter Jackson was a great help in moving forward. But since sending all the info in I got another email, has anyone had it before??

As previously communicated, as a licensed and regulated operator, Betfair is required to undertake an extra level of due diligence for our clients. Your account is undergoing our review process and during this review we have observed some unusual behaviour on your exchange activity. Can you please provide information on the below:

• Can you provide an explanation how on you trade on the Exchange?
• Betfair terms and conditions outline we monitor for self-matching and instances of exchange intentional passing for protection of our customers. We have observed unusual transactions between your account and another party. Can you explain if you have links to another account though your transactions?
• We have observed odds being traded out of line with true probabilities, can you provide an explanation to this?

Is that the end of value betting??
That is enlightening and at least we can see what they're looking for now. Did you see any outstanding value for significant money? Whenever I see it it's usually for just a few quid.
Archery1969

What do they mean by this, someone making a mistake while offering odds to the market ?

If yes then that’s part of the exchange, don’t like the sound of where all this is going.
Dallas

Archery1969 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:45 pm

What do they mean by this, someone making a mistake while offering odds to the market ?

If yes then that’s part of the exchange, don’t like the sound of where all this is going.
It'll be more like they've noticed one account offering prices well outside what would be a true price then another matching against that money - and it occurring several times between the same two accounts, or small group of accounts
ie, passing money from one account to another
Crazyskier

Dallas wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:54 pm
Archery1969 wrote:

It'll be more like they've noticed one account offering prices well outside what would be a true price then another matching against that money - and it occurring several times between the same two accounts, or small group of accounts
That makes sense to me. BF surely can't hope to prevent traders offering short or long early prices that are way off the true probabilities?

CS
The Silk Run

Behind the facade they are a online bookmaker, they operate exactly the same, if not worse.
Derek27

Crazyskier wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:27 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:54 pm
Archery1969 wrote:

That makes sense to me. BF surely can't hope to prevent traders offering short or long early prices that are way off the true probabilities?

CS
I think the amount of money would be significant. I remember trading a rock-bottom US horse race and was staggered to find £30K had been traded 5 minutes out when it's often in double figures. Then I noticed all the money had been traded on one of the favourites in one bet. Don't know if it was out of line with tissue prices but it would be very rare for anyone to offer 5-figures in such a low-liquid market. Rarer still for anyone with 5 figures in their Betfair account to even be looking at the market, nevermind placing a 5-figure bet. :)
whimsies

All,

Just a final update to let you know that my account was re opened today. I gather this is going to be a ongoing thing with closures and funding proof.

cheers

mark

Return to “Betfair exchange”