Betfair 2 step authentication

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
airtomoreira

I don't currently have this set up on my Betfair account, but having read a thread about someone who has had their account emptied, maybe this is something I should have (though I don't carry a huge balance, no more than a few hundred pounds, so I'd probably be of little interest to scammers, unless they're operating on the "little fish are sweet" basis)

My question is: am I able to log into my Betfair account via Bet Angel if this is in place? All I'm asked for on the Bet Angel Log In page is my User Name and Password, is there not some other form of verification that I would be asked to enter if I had 2 step authentication?
lotora

My question is: am I able to log into my Betfair account via Bet Angel if this is in place?
YES!
is there not some other form of verification that I would be asked to enter if I had 2 step authentication?
Yes! the 2-Factor Authentication will require you to enter an additional 6-digit code from your mobile device when accessing your account. To access the 6-digit 2FA code, you need to open the mobile app on your phone (you’re not sent the code via SMS). Personally, I am using the Google Authenticator app.
rik

its quite easy really just get a code on your phone takes 5 seconds and wont need to do it again until you log out for some reason
Derek27

airtomoreira wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:18 pm
I don't currently have this set up on my Betfair account, but having read a thread about someone who has had their account emptied, maybe this is something I should have (though I don't carry a huge balance, no more than a few hundred pounds, so I'd probably be of little interest to scammers, unless they're operating on the "little fish are sweet" basis)

My question is: am I able to log into my Betfair account via Bet Angel if this is in place? All I'm asked for on the Bet Angel Log In page is my User Name and Password, is there not some other form of verification that I would be asked to enter if I had 2 step authentication?
Hackers won't know how much money you've got in your account until they've broken in, so everybody's account is a target. I discovered last month that the safety of your funds isn't the only issue (that's easily protected with a strong password). If a hacker has your username and makes multiple attempts to get in you'll keep getting locked out and your account becomes unusable, so you're username or email address (if you don't have a username) needs to be password-like, so nobody can easily guess it.

Return to “Betfair exchange”