Suspended From Account - Help

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
JCIK77

Hi all,

Sorry if I'm not doing this right - it's my first post :?
I have been suspended from my Betfair Exchange account.
The message I receive when logging into my Betfair account is: “Access to this account is denied – this account has been closed”.
I tried emailing “[email protected] “, but got an auto response back, saying that the email is no longer in use and that I won’t get a response - the email redirects me to the live chat for assistance, but I'm unable to access it, because I'm locked out of my account.
I tried emailing [email protected], but the email bounced back.
I tried calling 0844871000 - number not recognised.
I tried calling 0344 871 0000 - didn't work - said number no longer available.
I messaged Betfair on Facebook - they said my account is closed for "standard review" and that they don't have any other updates.
They redirected me to the section in their terms pertaining to suspension/termination.
I suspect this may be related to an email Betfair sent me on Dec 7th regarding "source of funds".
I initially dismissed the email as spam, because it had lots of grammatical errors and asked me for the first 12 digits of my bank card - I'd only ever been asked for the last 4, when confirming ID for anything similar to this.
Is there anything you'd suggest?
I'm really concerned, as I currently have a large bet still live with them.
Apologies if this has been covered before.
Thank-you for the help.
Derek27

JCIK77 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:00 am
Hi all,

The message I receive when logging into my Betfair account is: “Access to this account is denied – this account has been closed”.
I tried emailing “[email protected] “, but got an auto response back, saying that the email is no longer in use and that I won’t get a response - the email redirects me to the live chat for assistance, but I'm unable to access it, because I'm locked out of my account.
I messaged Betfair on Facebook - they said my account is closed for "standard review" and that they don't have any other updates.
They redirected me to the section in their terms pertaining to suspension/termination.
I suspect this may be related to an email Betfair sent me on Dec 7th regarding "source of funds".
I initially dismissed the email as spam, because it had lots of grammatical errors and asked me for the first 12 digits of my bank card - I'd only ever been asked for the last 4, when confirming ID for anything similar to this.
Thank-you for the help.
If you click on Contact Us > Login/Registration Help, you don't need to be logged in to access the chat. If you do a search there are a few threads about dealing with closed/suspended accounts. Good luck.
jamesedwards

DM on Twitter is the best form of communication. @BetfairCS
JCIK77

jamesedwards wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:08 pm
DM on Twitter is the best form of communication. @BetfairCS
Thanks. Just spoke to them on Facebook and they've raised issue w/management and given me a ticket number.

Progress, at least...
JCIK77

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:39 pm
JCIK77 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:00 am
Hi all,

Thank-you for the help.
If you click on Contact Us > Login/Registration Help, you don't need to be logged in to access the chat. If you do a search there are a few threads about dealing with closed/suspended accounts. Good luck.
Thanks! Spoke to customer service. They have raised issue w/management and provided ticket number.
They also said I can still send info to [email protected] and someone should pick up the message, even if the email address is not active. Seems kind of strange way to operate. We'll see...

Return to “Betfair exchange”