Source Of Funds

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
invisiblelayer

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:17 pm
invisiblelayer wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:13 pm
Not sure if I should be saying lol or not! Love a good footballer story, shows just how gifted some are despite issues, Gazza...Mickey Thomas, heard some incredible stuff with Mickey.
One of the best sporting autobiographies I've read is Paul Merson's which is why I'm always amazed he can criticise any current players professionalism or approach to the game with a straight face.

His book is even called "How Not to Be a Professional Footballer" :D
Thanks Pat, will get hold of that. Bit of a joke of a pundit but can imagine it being a very good read. Like in racing some poor books, remember reading Richard Johnsons years ago, literally Sunday dinner talk compared to Graham Bradley's wayward lad. What a read that!
Trader Pat

invisiblelayer wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:21 pm
Thanks Pat, will get hold of that. Bit of a joke of a pundit but can imagine it being a very good read. Like in racing some poor books, remember reading Richard Johnsons years ago, literally Sunday dinner talk compared to Graham Bradley's wayward lad. What a read that!

Its a great read and very funny but it helps explain a lot when you listen to him as a pundit. :)
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:17 pm
invisiblelayer wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:13 pm
Not sure if I should be saying lol or not! Love a good footballer story, shows just how gifted some are despite issues, Gazza...Mickey Thomas, heard some incredible stuff with Mickey.
One of the best sporting autobiographies I've read is Paul Merson's which is why I'm always amazed he can criticise any current players professionalism or approach to the game with a straight face.

His book is even called "How Not to Be a Professional Footballer" :D
I know there's probably more to it than the title suggests but I would never buy a book with a title like that. I already know how not to be a footballer. :)
Naffman

skybet.png
Anything else they want? I don't normally mind but an unredacted bank statement so they can basically look at everything I've spent last month is a massive invasion of privacy. I wouldn't bother but they decide to do it now after I've got a few US 2024 bets so can't leave it locked.

This is Skybet btw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:44 pm
#I don't normally mind but an unredacted bank statement so they can basically look at everything I've spent last month is a massive invasion of privacy.
I just visualized your bank statement with a long list of Lovehoney transactions. ;)
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:27 pm
Naffman wrote:
#I don't normally mind but an unredacted bank statement so they can basically look at everything I've spent last month is a massive invasion of privacy.
I just visualized your bank statement with a long list of Lovehoney transactions. ;)
Nowt wrong with that ;)
Kai

Naffman wrote:
Anything else they want? I don't normally mind but an unredacted bank statement so they can basically look at everything I've spent last month is a massive invasion of privacy. I wouldn't bother but they decide to do it now after I've got a few US 2024 bets so can't leave it locked.

This is Skybet btw
Don't know how people put up with that bookie nonsense. I had one bookie account and regretted even opening it. Felt more invasive than a proctology exam.
Naffman

Kai wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:13 pm
Naffman wrote:

This is Skybet btw
Don't know how people put up with that bookie nonsense. I had one bookie account and regretted even opening it. Felt more invasive than a proctology exam.
I'd use BF all day long but a) I can only deposit £100 p/m and b) I don't fancy receiving even money about a 7/4 shot because of PC.

So I agree but there's just nowhere else to place the bet as I hear Smarkets are just as bad for proof of funds etc.
Kai

Naffman wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:19 pm
Kai wrote:
Naffman wrote:

This is Skybet btw
I'd use BF all day long but a) I can only deposit £100 p/m and b) I don't fancy receiving even money about a 7/4 shot because of PC.

So I agree but there's just nowhere else to place the bet as I hear Smarkets are just as bad for proof of funds etc.
Wasn't aware they put a limit on your deposits, must have missed it? Why on Earth would they do that to a PC payer?
Naffman

Kai wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:26 pm
Naffman wrote:
Kai wrote:

Wasn't aware they put a limit on your deposits, must have missed it? Why on Earth would they do that to a PC payer?
Because I am technically 'unemployed', until I can provide a wage slip as proof I have a job I'll be restricted to that limit, no matter how much I've made on BF
Kai

Naffman wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:33 pm
Kai wrote:
Naffman wrote:

Because I am technically 'unemployed', until I can provide a wage slip as proof I have a job I'll be restricted to that limit, no matter how much I've made on BF
That was my initial worry for all "full-timers" etc, really sucks to hear that... Hopefully you don't have a real need for deposits to maintain trading activities and maybe can lift the restriction later on

I always thought it would be most sensible for winners and PC payers etc to be exempt from these shenanigans
Naffman

Kai wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:55 pm
Naffman wrote:
Kai wrote:

That was my initial worry for all "full-timers" etc, really sucks to hear that... Hopefully you don't have a real need for deposits to maintain trading activities and maybe can lift the restriction later on

I always thought it would be most sensible for winners and PC payers etc to be exempt from these shenanigans
Yeah its crap, just have to leave enough in BF incase of a downturn, but you never know now you can have a downturn of a couple of weeks and they'll say 'your gambling is out of control' :lol:

Definitely not an easy time to navigate for bettors/traders
Kai

Naffman wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:07 pm
Kai wrote:
Naffman wrote:

Yeah its crap, just have to leave enough in BF incase of a downturn, but you never know now you can have a downturn of a couple of weeks and they'll say 'your gambling is out of control' :lol:
Better yet imagine if you randomly lose a big chunk on one of these Saturday outages and they start saying "your losses are out of control" :lol:

Yeah, best to keep some reserves in the Exchange Games Wallet or something, maybe not the Poker Wallet if that's another gambling red flag :x

Idk what else to say, if the omnipresent Dallas ever goes on vacation and forum needs a moderator for a week or two to fill in, who knows, maybe there's a wage slip for you there ;)
Naffman

Kai wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:25 pm
Naffman wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:07 pm
Kai wrote:

Better yet imagine if you randomly lose a big chunk on one of these Saturday outages and they start saying "your losses are out of control" :lol:

Yeah, best to keep some reserves in the Exchange Games Wallet or something, maybe not the Poker Wallet if that's another gambling red flag :x

Idk what else to say, if the omnipresent Dallas ever goes on vacation and forum needs a moderator for a week or two to fill in, who knows, maybe there's a wage slip for you there ;)
That outage on Saturday surely claimed a few problem gamblers I bet ;)

I'd need to be paid well to do that :lol: :lol:
Kai

Naffman wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:33 pm
I'd need to be paid well to do that :lol: :lol:
:lol:

Yea, let's hope he gets paid more than just in Liverpool memes

Whatever amount it is, it's nowhere near enough :D

Return to “Betfair exchange”