Source Of Funds

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Naffman

Kai wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:43 pm
Naffman wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:33 pm
I'd need to be paid well to do that :lol: :lol:
:lol:

Yea, let's hope he gets paid more than just in Liverpool memes

Whatever amount it is, it's nowhere near enough :D
:lol:
motorhead

so I too have been hit by the infamous 'provide proof of income or you are limited to 100£ deposit per month', not having one I am just done with bf right?
I lost my 365 account to that too.

So now to place a wager at anything resembling a decent price I'll have to fake a norwegian address to register again to Pinnacle, that is just great.

Could anybody give advice on a work around on these UK bookies restrictions? I just don't get'em I could be earning 100,000£ a year on say airbnb and that would still not allow me to wage a few hundred on their sites.

Of course I just got the message after a few thousands loss that emptied the account, had I known I was gonna be hit by that I would have saved that money like gold and kept withdrawing as I earned. The best part was the chat nonsense asking me why I was wagering at night when tennis tournaments were on in US so night time for us.

I don't know if it allowed by forum rules so I can edit out this last part but would anyone be willing to rent out their account for the upcoming weeks? with the snooker worlds and a few tennis M1000 I really could use one. Hope I can get PM for any offer.
Simoba

motorhead wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:31 pm
so I too have been hit by the infamous 'provide proof of income or you are limited to 100£ deposit per month', not having one I am just done with bf right?
I lost my 365 account to that too.

So now to place a wager at anything resembling a decent price I'll have to fake a norwegian address to register again to Pinnacle, that is just great.

Could anybody give advice on a work around on these UK bookies restrictions? I just don't get'em I could be earning 100,000£ a year on say airbnb and that would still not allow me to wage a few hundred on their sites.

Of course I just got the message after a few thousands loss that emptied the account, had I known I was gonna be hit by that I would have saved that money like gold and kept withdrawing as I earned. The best part was the chat nonsense asking me why I was wagering at night when tennis tournaments were on in US so night time for us.

I don't know if it allowed by forum rules so I can edit out this last part but would anyone be willing to rent out their account for the upcoming weeks? with the snooker worlds and a few tennis M1000 I really could use one. Hope I can get PM for any offer.
From my experience, I had to provide documents showing source of funds and details of savings / investments to prove that I could sustain the level of bets that I as placing. I have no income unrelated to Betfair, apart from a small private pension and interest on savings. We then agreed a monthly figure, which is fine by me. Do be prepared to provide lots of documents about your financial status though. They know more about my finances than my good lady wife ! If for example you are getting an income from Air BnB and can prove it to them, then you should be ok. 3 friends of mine just walked away from betting / trading on Betfair as they don't want their financial details known by a bookmaker / exchange.
Derek27

Sorry to hear that motorhead. I Don't think there's any realistic chance of anyone renting out their account. As well as being unable to trade whilst you're using it and not having control of P/L, deposits and possible restrictions when they get it back, a Betfair account can be left with a huge negative balance in certain circumstances, which the owner will be responsible for.
xtrader16

So this insanity just seems to continue. It is nothing to do with ANY BOOKIE where people get there money from or how they spend it. It is that simple.
Simoba

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:23 pm
Sorry to hear that motorhead. I Don't think there's any realistic chance of anyone renting out their account. As well as being unable to trade whilst you're using it and not having control of P/L, deposits and possible restrictions when they get it back, a Betfair account can be left with a huge negative balance in certain circumstances, which the owner will be responsible for.
Exactly right there. In the current situation, these accounts have to be handled extremely carefully.
Simoba

xtrader16 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:31 pm
So this insanity just seems to continue. It is nothing to do with ANY BOOKIE where people get there money from or how they spend it. It is that simple.
Totally agree but it is the new world in which we find ourselves. Bookies don't wish to take a bet of more than sixpence from anybody slightly sharp and then from the rest they want to know your life story to get a decent bet on. From my limited experience, they seem no better on course at the midweek quiet meetings in terms of taking a decent bet. Never used to be like this, but it is the state of the game now.
Crazyskier

superfrank wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:23 pm
to75ne wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:11 pm
MemphisFlash wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:49 am
i hope you loose your livelyhood and have to pay the loan back with interest. MORON!!
but he is correct, firm but fair. :)
But can't spell. Livelihood is forgivable but it's lose not loose!
Indeed. Poor spelling AND misuse of taxpayer-funded COVID loans. What was the OP thinking?

CS
motorhead

Simoba wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:14 pm

From my experience, I had to provide documents showing source of funds and details of savings / investments to prove that I could sustain the level of bets that I as placing. I have no income unrelated to Betfair, apart from a small private pension and interest on savings. We then agreed a monthly figure, which is fine by me. Do be prepared to provide lots of documents about your financial status though. They know more about my finances than my good lady wife ! If for example you are getting an income from Air BnB and can prove it to them, then you should be ok. 3 friends of mine just walked away from betting / trading on Betfair as they don't want their financial details known by a bookmaker / exchange.
hi thanks for the reply. what kind of docs did you provide if you have no income unrelated to betfair? I've already mentioned the airbnb thing in the chat and csv file airbnb uses as a statement and they already said that won't be accepted.
I just don't have anything to give em, I earn my income outside of UK, what amount did you agree to if you don't mind my asking?
Derek27

Crazyskier wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:07 pm
superfrank wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:23 pm
to75ne wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:11 pm

but he is correct, firm but fair. :)
But can't spell. Livelihood is forgivable but it's lose not loose!
Indeed. Poor spelling AND misuse of taxpayer-funded COVID loans. What was the OP thinking?

CS
You're replying to a post that's over two years old. Both, the OP and superfrank no longer post.
ShaunWhite

motorhead wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:20 pm
I've already mentioned the airbnb thing in the chat and csv file airbnb uses as a statement and they already said that won't be accepted.
I'm not suprised a csv anyone could knock up isn't accepted, but as your airbnb income is taxable you can prove it with your HMRC statement if you're a UK taxpayer or presumably wiht some other documentation as a tax payer in a another country.

To avoid the checks as much as possible, since about 12 months ago people have been maintaining larger balances to make sure they're covered for any unusually large drawdowns. If you don't deposit you don't get checked. It's far from ideal but you play the hand you're dealt.
Kai

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:42 pm
To avoid the checks as much as possible, since about 12 months ago people have been maintaining larger balances to make sure they're covered for any unusually large drawdowns. If you don't deposit you don't get checked. It's far from ideal but you play the hand you're dealt.
Regarding these checks etc... Is is the same across the UK and Ireland?

I don't suppose there are any digital nomads around?
motorhead

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:42 pm
motorhead wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:20 pm
I've already mentioned the airbnb thing in the chat and csv file airbnb uses as a statement and they already said that won't be accepted.
I'm not suprised a csv anyone could knock up isn't accepted, but as your airbnb income is taxable you can prove it with your HMRC statement if you're a UK taxpayer or presumably wiht some other documentation as a tax payer in a another country.

Hi Shaun, I only mentioned airbnb as an example, I did earn some money from airbnb a few years ago but that was not in UK. I've literally nothing UK-related, but still, suppose I have a trust in another country I doubt they would accept stuff like this.
I managed to get a UK account cause I had old utilities from when I was there. All of this cause I deposited 15k in one year in a country where the average salary is probably 40k?

Italian bookies have absurd vigs, it's literally a robbery and yet betfair gave in on all these governments requests to stop accepting their citizens so they could feast even more on those revenues.

and again what drives me nuts is the timing, an email with 'beware if you go to 0 this time you'll not be able to deposit again unless you provide tax returns' would have done it for me. Like you mentioned I had plenty in there to generate profits.
ShaunWhite

motorhead wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:17 am
and again what drives me nuts is the timing, an email with 'beware if you go to 0 this time you'll not be able to deposit again unless you provide tax returns' would have done it for me.
The operators have been in the dark almost as much as we have, but as usual the communication leaves a lot to be desired. If you're out of the country you can be forgiven for not seeing this coming, there's been talk of little else here for a year or so, so we're more prepared for any eventuality.
ANGELS15

The irony is that the Gambling Commission have stated on a few occasions that they havn't asked bookies to do this. The bookies have initiated it themselves.

Return to “Betfair exchange”