Betfair Issue

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Swamidee

I'm sure many have had this problem before, On the Man U match this evening I greened up after Utd scored only to find later on that my Betfair balance was showing a loss for the match (it's not a kings ransom only a few pounds). I suspected a brain freeze on my part, but checking my log it showed the green-up was indeed actioned.

Has anyone had experience of this before. Its not a problem with tiny stakes, though annoying, but I can imagine it would sting mightily with larger stakes..is there a remedy? BF customer service drives me scatty.
Thanks
D
Andriy

Since the match finished 0-0, i presume the goal was subsequently disallowed by VAR. In that case the greening up bet would be retrospectively cancelled (all bets going back to when goal scored). So if prematch bet was Man U to win (with you hoping to green up in game), you will have lost.
Swamidee

Andriy wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:16 am
Since the match finished 0-0, i presume the goal was subsequently disallowed by VAR. In that case the greening up bet would be retrospectively cancelled (all bets going back to when goal scored). So if prematch bet was Man U to win (with you hoping to green up in game), you will have lost.
:lol: Note to self .... Check the score!

How bizarre though. Most of us trade a few markets simultaneously, once I've greened up I'm pretty much out of there, assuming all is dandy and don't really have a care for the final score. This could be a costly affair!! lesson learned...maybe.

Return to “Betfair exchange”