Betfair "MatchMe" service

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Lasher2

Hi,
What is the general opinion on the MatchMe service? Is it a good thing, and should I turn it on?
Does it have any positive or negative effects on trading markets via Bet Angel?

Cheers,
L2
Mr.Teeny

Not entirely sure, though sounds like it will match you at whatever is available even if that means taking shorter prices to ensure you are matched ?

Can’t really see any advantage to it other than it won’t leave you with any unmatched bets, though may match you at poorer prices to do so. If you can, you’d probably be better off using BetAngel and doing it yourself, or setting up some automation with some rules to make sure you don’t take too far under the odds.
megarain

Seems like a ruse to rinse unsuspecting users of another few percent.

I wouldn't expect any pro user would turn it on.
Derek27

Sounds like 'We Buy Any Car'.
ShaunWhite

It's just a simplification for regular Joes. If they want a tenner on then they want a tenner on, not 20p matched and £9.80 that might or might not be. And if they're getting 2.48 instead of 2.52 they don't really care and tbh it doesn't matter anyway because regular Joes are long term losers anyway and a tick or two won't change that much. If you're being serious rather than having a bit of fun then you need to be a bit more circumspect.
Lasher2

Thanks for the replies.
I was quite skeptical about this myself, good to hear that the general view is the same.
Thought it was a question worth asking though 😊

Cheers,
L2

Return to “Betfair exchange”