Betfair lower minimum stake for Euro customers to €1

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
jamesedwards

For a trial period. Presumably they are testing whether smaller minimum stakes might grow overall volume. Or perhaps they are preparing for when they limit us all to a £1 max liability?
ANGELS15

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:39 pm
For a trial period. Presumably they are testing whether smaller minimum stakes might grow overall volume. Or perhaps they are preparing for when they limit us all to a £1 max liability?
That's interesting. Betdaq have had a minimum of £1 stakes on their app for years. I believe on their desktop site it's 50p. Useful for testing theories.
Bog

Betfair changed also the minimum liability for BSP from £20 to £10. I suppose this it's new? I knew the minimum liability was £20
What is the minimum stake for an SP bet?

The minimum stake for a back bet at SP is £2 (or the local currency equivalent). The minimum liability if laying is £10 (or the local currency equivalent).
napshnap

Cool. Next step - premium charges abolishing!
weemac

"We have changed the minimum stake amount on our Exchange platform for Euro only customers from €2 to €1. We will be running this change for a number of weeks in a bid to understand our customers and offer the best betting experience on our Exchange."

That's quite some rationale there.

Return to “Betfair exchange”