Betfair got completely out of their friggin minds -£100 deposit limit

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
jamesedwards

LeTiss wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:38 pm
Ah that's interesting, Peter......those BF figures only apply to their main website then, not those using API's?

I only ever log into BF when I'm withdrawing money.
I like to sit logged on all the time so I can check my P&L periodically. You have to do that or how do you keep on top of their mistakes?
Euler

LeTiss wrote:
Ah that's interesting, Peter......those BF figures only apply to their main website then, not those using API's?

API would surely be different, especially if you are using streaming.
Derek27

I'm logged into the Betfair website all day but only place bets through BA. I guess it's bet placement rather than logging in.
jamesedwards

So as well as being scared to withdraw I now need to be scared of being logged into Betfair too?

I will add a new unnecessary risk of not being able to keep a close eye on my automations to the unnecessary risk and sub-optimal return of keeping a high balance in Betfair.

This is beyond a joke now.
Archery1969

Peter,

Can we not start building up BA for Betdaq and in time dump Betfair altogether ?

Cheers,
wearthefoxhat

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:36 pm
Peter,

Can we not start building up BA for Betdaq and in time dump Betfair altogether ?

Cheers,
+1

Especially as Peter mentioned Betdaq have plans to separate from their parent company. (mind you, who knows, Betfair may do the same sooner rather than later)
sniffer66

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:26 pm
I'm logged into the Betfair website all day but only place bets through BA. I guess it's bet placement rather than logging in.
Same
ilovepizza82

LeTiss wrote:

I think they check how long you've been logged on...so me thinks it doesnt matter whether you are using their website or API.
Also I agree about betdaq BA. Would be great to see a little more focus put on the product.
ilovepizza82

Imagine "Steam" or "Origin" putting £25 monthly limit on your account because you spend too much money on video games...
...or Ebay because you have shopping addiction problem. Its getting ridicilous. Reminds me of Chinese social credit where they punish people if you dont buy healthy food or spend too much time playing video games. :? :lol:
Kai

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:36 pm
Peter,

+1, if we market trading software as the solution and not part of the problem you can only imagine the headlines 😇 and the liquidity :o

ilovepizza82

More bad news :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
napshnap

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:19 am
Imagine "Steam" or "Origin" putting £25 monthly limit on your account because you spend too much money on video games...
...or Ebay because you have shopping addiction problem. Its getting ridicilous. Reminds me of Chinese social credit where they punish people if you dont buy healthy food or spend too much time playing video games. :? :lol:
Imagine financial trading apps putting a monthly limit... oh I can't go on, it's too hilarious to continue.
Derek27

Euler wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:58 pm
If you wish, there are settings to automatically log you out of the main website automatically.

auto log out.png
Just one slight problem with that - you can't trade when you're logged out. ;)
Euler

Doesn't seem to matter, it just eliminates the risk of a problem created by the website.
MobiusGrey

Just FWIW with Betdaq, the only communication I've had with Betdaq with regards to the gambling reforms or betting limits is when I made a series of deposits, nothing too large 3 x 3 figure amounts over the course of a couple of weeks when the flat season was getting into its pomp. All I had was an email just asking if I was comfortable betting at the limits I was betting at. I confirmed yes, all is fine and they've left me alone ever since.

Return to “Betfair exchange”