PASSIVE BET DELAY

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Derek27

weemac wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:39 pm
Isn't flashing just a zero second F.O.K.? When I place one it momentarily appears in the empty odds box and then it's gone in a .......flash.
I've often wondered why people do it but now it makes sense: take if still available but don't leave as an offer. And I've just compared half the forum to flashers. :lol:
ShaunWhite

weemac wrote:
Isn't flashing just a zero second F.O.K.? When I place one it momentarily appears in the empty odds box and then it's gone in a .......flash.
Strictly speaking all FOK orders cancel instantly if they're not matched on arrival, but some parts of the sports betting world have hijacked the term to describe orders that expire/auto cancel.

Betfair facilitate both, although I'm not sure why/if true FOKs ever appear as being unmatched because they never actually are.
Screenshot_9.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Golfer

Obvs we would all like more market takers == fish. Customer acquisition is very expensive and we win at far too fast a rate...hence PC. Does this experiment encourage the bigger fish to go head to head?

All relative but BF seem more engaged with exchange customers now than 3+ years ago. Not talking to old customers =! no interest in the exchange.
Seth

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:24 am
weemac wrote:
Strictly speaking all FOK orders cancel instantly if they're not matched on arrival, but some parts of the sports betting world have hijacked the term to describe orders that expire/auto cancel.

Betfair facilitate both, although I'm not sure why/if true FOKs ever appear as being unmatched because they never actually are.
Screenshot_9.jpg

Most people use off the shelf software to place their fill and kill bets and I doubt many are coded to use the Timeinforce parameter, as that's relatively new. Most software would need the betId to then send a Cancel request for their 0 fill/kill functions.
megarain

The min fill size worries me a bit.

Does this mean, that an order that sends a min fill size of say 50k, will get nothing matched unless 50k is available on the exchange ?
min fill size.jpg
When did this min fill size parameter become operational ?

There is a team sweeping up 100k orders on the T0 world Cup cricket, getting filed after 2 secs.

I wonder if they are submitting bets 3 secs before action (having sub-accounts fill liquidity), which they cancel if they dont want the bet, as limit isnt met.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

I've done some work for bodies related to integrity and have seen direct evidence that 'insiders' are using this sort of technology to their advantage. Whether it is still going on is difficult to know. but it's like jelly. It's difficult to stamp on.
Euler

megarain wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:39 am
There is a team sweeping up 100k orders on the T20 world Cup cricket, getting filed after 2 secs.

I wonder if they are submitting bets 3 secs before action (having sub-accounts fill liquidity), which they cancel if they dont want the bet, as limit isnt met.
Way back people worked out a loophole in football betting like this.
megarain

When did min fill size come in ?

Sceptics would say Betfair are in cohorts with teams doing this, as they get 40% PC.
Derek27

How does a minimum fill size work? If somebody puts in a £500 order with MFS of £500 and I try to take £20 of it, what happens?
megarain

Failing to get anywhere with Slack ?

Clearly a Luddite - can anyone please provide a link to the #askbetfairanything channel.

I have installed slack on iphone, but I cant find the channel from search.

Thx
megarain

Looking at bthe API docs, t seems the min fill size is used in this code :

[{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "SportsAPING/v1.0/placeOrders", "params": {"marketId":"1.126124422","instructions":[{"selectionId":"10590221","handicap":"0","side":"BACK","orderType":"LIMIT","limitOrder":{"size":"5","price":"21","persistenceType":"LAPSE","timeInForce":"FILL_OR_KILL","minFillSize":"5"}}]}, "id": 1}]

This means stuff all to me - have asked someoone the API team to explain what min fill size is/does.

It looks v sneaky. Might have come in from July 2021.

Hope I am wrong etc.
Westerner

megarain wrote:
The min fill size worries me a bit.

Does this mean, that an order that sends a min fill size of say 50k, will get nothing matched unless 50k is available on the exchange ?

min fill size.jpg

When did this min fill size parameter become operational ?

There is a team sweeping up 100k orders on the T0 world Cup cricket, getting filed after 2 secs.

Yes
Westerner

Euler wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:53 am
megarain wrote:
There is a team sweeping up 100k orders on the T20 world Cup cricket, getting filed after 2 secs.

Way back people worked out a loophole in football betting like this.
I have been convinced that someone has found a loophole for quite some time now. Very clever on their part and they are cleaning up but very difficult to prove.

Not so great for the rest of us though and a bit worrying if there is and Betfair aren't aware of it (or choosing to ignore.)
rik

megarain wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:23 pm
Failing to get anywhere with Slack ?

I have installed slack on iphone, but I cant find the channel from search.

Thx
https://join.slack.com/t/betfairlightwe ... Rjz0ESIJkg

Find „ask betfair anything“ channel on there

Return to “Betfair exchange”