Betfair account closure please help.

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
kamil2402

So today I have just logged into my account and much to my surprise I had the following message come up: Access to this account is denied - this account has been closed. I had some funds in there which I cannot seem to be able to retrieve, could anyone please help? I heard that some people reached out to the CEO, does this work?

I had another message come up saying that I had duplicate accounts, which I find very hard to believe. Any help would be hugely appreciated.
Dallas

Your not the first this has happened but there can be many reasons why they do this but if it helps here are just 4 of some the previous threads which contain some good steps and advice you can take following account closures

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22627
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22258
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18557
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16816
kamil2402

thank you Dallas! For the first time in my life the live chat option actually worked and I got my account restored.
Dallas

kamil2402 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:45 am
thank you Dallas! For the first time in my life the live chat option actually worked and I got my account restored.
Glad one of them helped

Euler

It seems if you change your address and it gets a match with another account, Betfair automatically close the account now and you have to get in manually review. Pain in the proverbial.
iambic_pentameter

Similart thing happened to me when I updated address but once it was all updated, no problem.

A bit baffling that should happen though.
jamesedwards

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:50 pm
Similart thing happened to me when I updated address but once it was all updated, no problem.

A bit baffling that should happen though.
The learning here is that you must never move house or Betfair might close your account. Will add it to the long list of things I'm too scared to do in case Betfair shut me down.
Derek27

You only need to move to a town with another Betfair user and they'll close your account on suspicion of holding dual accounts.
LeTiss

The way things are going right now, it's probably best to contact Betfair prior to changing your address
Euler

Betfair could easily avoid this by just emailing a user to ask for more details and if not provided the account is closed. Instead its all automated and if the algorithm suspects something it just shuts the account. That's draconian.

The fact that even I fell foul of this and had my account closed, shows you it's not working.

Return to “Betfair exchange”