Bank Withdrawals Suspended

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
deestar

It seems Betfair are having issues with a third party payments provider and are unable to currently process bank transfers. No notification on their site as far as i can see. I only know because a withdrawal I made earlier in the week had not reached my account and has now been credited back. Twitter help confirmed in DM. Might want to check if anyone has been expecting a bank transfer over the last couple of days.
jamesedwards

Thanks for the info.

They just told me bank transfers have been turned off until a fix is implemented. They were unable to provide a time frame but it will be "soon".
Derek27

I hope it either doesn't affect Neteller withdrawals or they fix it before the end of the month. :)
wearthefoxhat

Reminds of those sketchy crypto broker sites back in the day.

You'd request a withdrawal, they'd auto cancel each time so that you continue to use their services...etc Then some of them would disappear never to be seen again....

Of course, Betfaiir wouldn't do that sort of thing....would they? :?
megarain

Banks unilaterally decided not to process money to crypto sites - which is frankly a flipping nerve, telling you how u can spend your money,

but is it that much more of a stretch to stop all payments to gambling sites ?
deestar

It has left me with "Prizeout" as my only currently available to withdraw option. Never deposited with any other method so can't withdraw to them. I will literally have to make a deposit on a new card to get it registered so i can withdraw back to it.

The biggest disappointment form a customer point of view is there has been no announcement of the issue as far i can see. Really bad comms but then what have we come to expect.
Euler

How complicated can it be to withdraw to a bank account? I don't understand how they can mess this up?
bennyboy351

Euler wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:52 am
How complicated can it be to withdraw to a bank account? I don't understand how they can mess this up?
Ever felt that uncomfortable ache in your bo**ocks? Well, in my humble opinion, that's the 'only show in town' banks squeezing your nether regions! Of course, that 'ache' CAN be caused by something else, but I'm sure we're all too old/settled in our marriages/relationships to remember that reason!... :D :D :D
LeTiss

Whenever I hear of BF withdrawal problems.....my bum hole starts to twitch

I occasionally have a bad dream, a fear of doom, that BF will suddenly crash one day like Football Index

I wonder how many traders have most of their life savings tied up in BF accounts?
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:52 am
I don't understand how they can mess this up?
My understanding was its an issue with a third party payment provider. Your "I don't understand how" is reason to consider looking elsewhere for the problem rather than trying to imagine a "how" scenario that fits a cognative bias against BF ops?
alexmr2

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:03 am

You'd request a withdrawal, they'd auto cancel each time so that you continue to use their services...etc
They still do this including Binance which is supposed to be the biggest one. Even after the passport (with selfie), proof of address and 3 factor authentication (text + email codes) they kept cancelling my withdrawal this week. I got fed up and bought bitcoin to send to another exchange to buy a different crypto to store offline myself but it cost more in fees.

I was under the impression it came from government pressure because they and banks don't like crypto activity, but like you say the websites can benefit from this themselves if some people give up trying to withdraw.

I know that RBS stopped allowing deposits to Binance but they are supposed to still allow withdrawals so it seems this one is on Binance. Had similar issues with a bookie closing down recently even after all the proof of ID and address they wouldn't pay me because my address wasn't also on my bank statement until I found another account that did have it on
wearthefoxhat

alexmr2 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:48 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:03 am

You'd request a withdrawal, they'd auto cancel each time so that you continue to use their services...etc
They still do this including Binance which is supposed to be the biggest one. Even after the passport (with selfie), proof of address and 3 factor authentication (text + email codes) they kept cancelling my withdrawal this week. I got fed up and bought bitcoin to send to another exchange to buy a different crypto to store offline myself but it cost more in fees.

I was under the impression it came from government pressure because they and banks don't like crypto activity, but like you say the websites can benefit from this themselves if some people give up trying to withdraw.

I know that RBS stopped allowing deposits to Binance but they are supposed to still allow withdrawals so it seems this one is on Binance. Had similar issues with a bookie closing down recently even after all the proof of ID and address they wouldn't pay me because my address wasn't also on my bank statement until I found another account that did have it on
The banks certainly do crazy stuff. Here's one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXv0JkLa79s
DavidSilva

Hello guys ! I am having the same problem since last Friday ! I have contacted the support chat and they told me that they´re fixing this problem .. It´s something related to their payment gateway and the banking provider Worldpay. As some people of here i do only have one card associated for withdrawals, a Visa (Transferwise) but i will add a new one from HSBC to prevent this situations as a wire transfer should be safer as well :D ... they told me in 3 business days it will be fixed.. so maybe next Wednesday will be just fine !
deestar

Any recommendations on reliable payment methods other than bank transfer? Presumably i will have to deposit via said method first before i can withdraw. Prefer not to have gambling deposits on my bank statement as currently re-mortgaging. They take a dim view. Thanks
deestar

DavidSilva wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:48 am
Hello guys ! I am having the same problem since last Friday ! I have contacted the support chat and they told me that they´re fixing this problem .. It´s something related to their payment gateway and the banking provider Worldpay. As some people of here i do only have one card associated for withdrawals, a Visa (Transferwise) but i will add a new one from HSBC to prevent this situations as a wire transfer should be safer as well :D ... they told me in 3 business days it will be fixed.. so maybe next Wednesday will be just fine !
thanks for the update. You've got more info out of them than i have managed

Return to “Betfair exchange”