Bank Withdrawals Suspended

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
alexmr2

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:03 am
Reminds of those sketchy crypto broker sites back in the day.

You'd request a withdrawal, they'd auto cancel each time so that you continue to use their services...etc
They still do this including Binance which is supposed to be the biggest one. Even after the passport (with selfie), proof of address and 3 factor authentication (text + email codes) they kept cancelling my withdrawal this week. I got fed up and bought bitcoin to send to another exchange to buy a different crypto to store offline myself but it cost more in fees.

I was under the impression it came from government pressure because they and banks don't like crypto activity, but like you say the websites can benefit from this themselves if some people give up trying to withdraw.

I know that RBS stopped allowing deposits to Binance but they are supposed to still allow withdrawals so it seems this one is on Binance. Had similar issues with a bookie closing down recently even after all the proof of ID and address they wouldn't pay me because my address wasn't also on my bank statement until I found another account that did have it on
wearthefoxhat

alexmr2 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:48 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:03 am
Reminds of those sketchy crypto broker sites back in the day.

You'd request a withdrawal, they'd auto cancel each time so that you continue to use their services...etc
They still do this including Binance which is supposed to be the biggest one. Even after the passport (with selfie), proof of address and 3 factor authentication (text + email codes) they kept cancelling my withdrawal this week. I got fed up and bought bitcoin to send to another exchange to buy a different crypto to store offline myself but it cost more in fees.

I was under the impression it came from government pressure because they and banks don't like crypto activity, but like you say the websites can benefit from this themselves if some people give up trying to withdraw.

I know that RBS stopped allowing deposits to Binance but they are supposed to still allow withdrawals so it seems this one is on Binance. Had similar issues with a bookie closing down recently even after all the proof of ID and address they wouldn't pay me because my address wasn't also on my bank statement until I found another account that did have it on
The banks certainly do crazy stuff. Here's one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXv0JkLa79s
DavidSilva

Hello guys ! I am having the same problem since last Friday ! I have contacted the support chat and they told me that they´re fixing this problem .. It´s something related to their payment gateway and the banking provider Worldpay. As some people of here i do only have one card associated for withdrawals, a Visa (Transferwise) but i will add a new one from HSBC to prevent this situations as a wire transfer should be safer as well :D ... they told me in 3 business days it will be fixed.. so maybe next Wednesday will be just fine !
deestar

Any recommendations on reliable payment methods other than bank transfer? Presumably i will have to deposit via said method first before i can withdraw. Prefer not to have gambling deposits on my bank statement as currently re-mortgaging. They take a dim view. Thanks
deestar

DavidSilva wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:48 am
Hello guys ! I am having the same problem since last Friday ! I have contacted the support chat and they told me that they´re fixing this problem .. It´s something related to their payment gateway and the banking provider Worldpay. As some people of here i do only have one card associated for withdrawals, a Visa (Transferwise) but i will add a new one from HSBC to prevent this situations as a wire transfer should be safer as well :D ... they told me in 3 business days it will be fixed.. so maybe next Wednesday will be just fine !
thanks for the update. You've got more info out of them than i have managed
Emmson

Just tested

Immediate withdrawal straight to bank. :D
deestar

Emmson wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:59 am
Just tested

That's interesting. From a bank transfer? Are you in the UK? Still no option here.
Emmson

deestar wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:04 pm
Emmson wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:59 am
Just tested

That's interesting. From a bank transfer? Are you in the UK? Still no option here.
No not bank transfer but visa debit card , did not read whole thread - so its a bank transfer issue
deestar

yeah bank transfer.
DavidSilva

deestar wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:01 am
DavidSilva wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:48 am
thanks for the update. You've got more info out of them than i have managed
You're welcome !
jamesedwards

I'm also stuck with no means of withdrawing. The trouble is I'm loathe to make any deposit. Who knows what responsible gambling nonsense might be triggered by making a deposit out of the blue? Especially from a new source. Not worth the risk IMHO.
Euler

I momentarily saw the bank withdrawal option on my account today, but it's vanished again.

I'm not seeing any problems elsewhere in the industry and Worldpay doesn't appear to be reporting problems either.
jimibt

Euler wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:18 pm
I momentarily saw the bank withdrawal option on my account today, but it's vanished again.

I'm not seeing any problems elsewhere in the industry and Worldpay doesn't appear to be reporting problems either.
roll on the time when web3 blockchain wallets will be part of the everyday platform standards. payment services used to feel pretty cutting edge. amazing how quickly things progress.

right, lets have a look under that matteress again :D
DavidSilva

Still it's not working yet... I'm using a visa debit card Wise (transferwise)
downhill

Having problems the other way too looks like.
I made a deposit(400e) via Euteller on 31.12
Betfair account didn't get credited but money has been confirmed leaving my bank account and relayer Euteller saying their end that
the transaction is confirmed and betfair should have the transaction.

Euteller sent me an email yesterday stating that it looks like the problem is between betfair and worldpay.

God knows what that means but i'm pretty sure i dont have to explain how helpful and quick betfair have been trying to solve this

Return to “Betfair exchange”