Bank Withdrawals Suspended

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
jamesedwards

I'm also stuck with no means of withdrawing. The trouble is I'm loathe to make any deposit. Who knows what responsible gambling nonsense might be triggered by making a deposit out of the blue? Especially from a new source. Not worth the risk IMHO.
Euler

I momentarily saw the bank withdrawal option on my account today, but it's vanished again.

I'm not seeing any problems elsewhere in the industry and Worldpay doesn't appear to be reporting problems either.
jimibt

Euler wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:18 pm
I momentarily saw the bank withdrawal option on my account today, but it's vanished again.

I'm not seeing any problems elsewhere in the industry and Worldpay doesn't appear to be reporting problems either.
roll on the time when web3 blockchain wallets will be part of the everyday platform standards. payment services used to feel pretty cutting edge. amazing how quickly things progress.

right, lets have a look under that matteress again :D
DavidSilva

Still it's not working yet... I'm using a visa debit card Wise (transferwise)
downhill

Having problems the other way too looks like.
I made a deposit(400e) via Euteller on 31.12
Betfair account didn't get credited but money has been confirmed leaving my bank account and relayer Euteller saying their end that
the transaction is confirmed and betfair should have the transaction.

Euteller sent me an email yesterday stating that it looks like the problem is between betfair and worldpay.

God knows what that means but i'm pretty sure i dont have to explain how helpful and quick betfair have been trying to solve this
deestar

Credit where credit is due. After a bit of back and forth with Twitter CS, Betfair's payments team manually processed a withdrawal to my bank account today. Money already received. So good solution as problem on the website persists.
DavidSilva

deestar wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:31 pm
Credit where credit is due. After a bit of back and forth with Twitter CS, Betfair's payments team manually processed a withdrawal to my bank account today. Money already received. So good solution as problem on the website persists.
Thank you. I will wait until tomorrow .. one thing is sure I will add a wire transfer and my hsbc debit card.. I'll never add any other debit card like Transferwise ,Monzo or revolut.. I'm glad you made it ! Cheers 🍻
DavidSilva

I don't know why and they can't explain.. in the chat support they removed my Wise visa debit card and told me to add it again.. no success at all.. they manually transferred the money and will be in my account in 2 -5 days.. I'll add my HSBC debit card and never use other one 🙃
DavidSilva

Hello guys ! Update of my situation...
The manually transfer bounced back to my Betfair account again.
I have found that since January Wise debit card (Transferwise) no longer support accepting money from gambling sites. After getting in touch with the Betfair site support now the solution is to add another card and comply with the 'Closed Loop Policy' until i can withdrawal the money to the new card.
I guess Wise could have informed this about this new situation with an email or something like that.. :(
Andrey Igorevich

When I find a way to withdraw money from betfair, it immediately closes. I am trying to open an account in Russia and withdraw money, working through a proxy :) , but there are always sticks in the legs, I do not know what to do, I may have to leave the exchange :cry:
Andrey Igorevich

DavidSilva wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:57 pm
Hello guys ! Update of my situation...
The manually transfer bounced back to my Betfair account again.
I have found that since January Wise debit card (Transferwise) no longer support accepting money from gambling sites. After getting in touch with the Betfair site support now the solution is to add another card and comply with the 'Closed Loop Policy' until i can withdrawal the money to the new card.
I guess Wise could have informed this about this new situation with an email or something like that.. :(
Wanted to open an account with Wise, but read it and was disappointed, no more withdrawal method
onelegup

Wise wont allow betfair withdrawals? really? this is terrible news ,can more people confirm this? is there a statement about this ?
FFS cant we gamble in peace?
Euler

I funded an account from Revolut once and, of course, return the funds fairly quickly. At which point they froze my account and asked me to get in touch.

Each query and response via their 'live' chat took 24 hours, so it ended up taking about two weeks to get the account opened again. At which point I closed it.
HorseDark

Euler wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:30 pm
I funded an account from Revolut once and, of course, return the funds fairly quickly. At which point they froze my account and asked me to get in touch.

Each query and response via their 'live' chat took 24 hours, so it ended up taking about two weeks to get the account opened again. At which point I closed it.
I have used Revolut with no problems depositing/withdrawing. Betfair have since stopped accepting deposits from Revolut, but can still withdraw to the card I have registered.
Crazyskier

HorseDark wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:46 pm
Euler wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:30 pm

I have used Revolut with no problems depositing/withdrawing. Betfair have since stopped accepting deposits from Revolut, but can still withdraw to the card I have registered.
I've already mentioned several times the many benefits of using Paypal to both deposit and withdraw, simply moving cash for free to and from Paypal to and from one's bank account. Never had an issue.

CS

Return to “Betfair exchange”