Scratching my head I think my front running in play

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Thebest147

Has anyone noticed that horse racing in play is an absolute disaster, front runners are actually drifting my trading edge is gone, trading on Betfair is getting impossible, can even be bothered trying g to come up with an edge,
jamesedwards

Thebest147 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:20 pm
Has anyone noticed that horse racing in play is an absolute disaster, front runners are actually drifting my trading edge is gone, trading on Betfair is getting impossible, can even be bothered trying g to come up with an edge,
Could be the introduction of TPD?

TPD tracks:
Ascot
Bangor
Bath
Brighton
Chepstow
Chester
Doncaster
Fakenham
Ffos Las
Fontwell
Hereford
Hexham
Lingfield
Newcastle
Newton Abbot
Plumpton
Ripon
Sedgefield
Southwell
Uttoxeter
Windsor
Wolverhampton
Worcester
Yarmouth
Thebest147

People are just blindly laying leaders,and they won't .com in ,in price until they look like winning and even then,it's just totally different from a few year's ago,unrecognizable, I'm done with trying to compete with drones track siders and this new software, time to move on the good ok is days are far behind me
jamesedwards

Thebest147 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:56 pm
People are just blindly laying leaders,and they won't .com in ,in price until they look like winning and even then,it's just totally different from a few year's ago,unrecognizable, I'm done with trying to compete with drones track siders and this new software, time to move on the good ok is days are far behind me
Time to start backing the leaders?
Derek27

Thebest147 wrote:
Trading's not a game for one-trick ponies. I was gutted when the racing antepost markets that I found so lucrative dried up, but I was always working on other strategies and even expanded into different sports.
weemac

Try this:
Thebest147 wrote:
.... be bothered trying g to come up with an edge,
Thebest147

I know you have to try and do something different then the majority of people but there seems to be no patterns that repeat themselves, yes you could say it's February not much money in the market but pre off yes it is tricky but inplay it doesn't matter as not much money traded inplay leads to far bigger swings and overreactions, might just have to go down the lay the field at sub 1.08,as this new addition tpd,can't be right all the time strike rate won't be great but should be fine by the end of the month,
ShaunWhite

Thebest147 wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:41 pm
as this new addition tpd
People have been using TPD for at least a couple of years so unless someone using BA has completely nailed it in a couple of weeks then that's not likely to be the cause. In-running had been popular lately and as you say the money is pretty thin. It doesn't take many people getting involved to really change things.

I'd suggest you just sit tight for a while and try it out every few days/weeks. If there are a load of BA users getting into TPD and having an effect then most might not all be around very long. Especially as you can see some pretty crazy stuff happening.
ShaunWhite

... Things always come and go anyway to some extent. That's why it's worth checking strategies that have previously worked then failed every now and then. Never just bin all that hard work, and it's why you need to earmark a few quid each month for R&D.... Ie just trying or retrying stuff with no real expectation to win.

Return to “Betfair exchange”