Betfair - upper account balance thresholds?

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
jamesedwards

Anyone know if there are any upper thresholds to Betfair account balances that might trigger account suspensions/limitations/KYC checks etc etc?
ShaunWhite

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:23 am
Anyone know if there are any upper thresholds to Betfair account balances that might trigger account suspensions/limitations/KYC checks etc etc?
Not that I know of James, have you got an amount in mind? I usually have 2k in the main wallet and 8k in reserve. I only used to keep 2+2 in there but once the issues started with deposits I decided to leave a bit more in there just in case. I've heard of people having iro 40k to cover 3pm on a Sat and the 100s of simultaneous football games so the upper amount much be fairly decent.
Derek27

It all depends on whether you built up the money or deposited it. I believe KYC is only done once, I wouldn't see the point of making a customer go through it again.
Rollox

Now that would be a nice problem to have :roll:
jamesedwards

It's profit I've let build up for the same reasons that ShaunWhite described. I've recently had several bookies accounts closed because they no longer accept "gambling winnings" as a source of income. I'm getting more and more paranoid of triggering anything with BF that might cause review and potential risk to my account, so wondered if anyone had experienced anything triggered by reaching an upper threshold.
ShaunWhite

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:31 pm
It's profit I've let build up for the same reasons ....
yep, I don't want a freak bad run, a few outages, and/or a test that goes titsup putting me in a position where I have to move money around. A problem with that process and it could be game over player 1. Easiest way to avoid problems is to not court them in the first place so like you, I've let it build up a bit. Far more than I probably need but when you spend your day seeing longshots happen it makes you go belt and braces.
Euler

I let profit pile up in my account in the run-up to major meetings and it's never triggered any sort of issue. I usually withdraw a lot after each meeting and start again.
jamesedwards

Euler wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:42 pm
I let profit pile up in my account in the run-up to major meetings and it's never triggered any sort of issue. I usually withdraw a lot after each meeting and start again.
Thanks for the info.
Rollox

What is the max liability you will accept over all your markets?. Hold that X2 meerkats👍
ShaunWhite

Rollox wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:07 pm
What is the max liability you will accept over all your markets?. Hold that X2 meerkats👍
Abs min would be x4 for me. x2 would leave you with no contingency after just a single max loss. And then there's the R&D money put aside to burn on trying new ideas.

But when it comes to money management time and time again you see people putting the whole stack on the table and although they might plan to just win/lose a fiver, just one void or a disadvantageous outage and they're screwed. Just an accident waiting to happen.
NUFC47

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:39 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:23 am
Not that I know of James, have you got an amount in mind? I usually have 2k in the main wallet and 8k in reserve. I only used to keep 2+2 in there but once the issues started with deposits I decided to leave a bit more in there just in case. I've heard of people having iro 40k to cover 3pm on a Sat and the 100s of simultaneous football games so the upper amount much be fairly decent.
The "reserve" you are referring to Shaun - is that the "poker" account option on BF?
Rollox

Bob seger "the gambler" never hold more than you need, those poor people that worked for p&o it stinks just like Philip green and Robert Maxwell back in the day.
I'm all for dividends but Christ pay you're workers first I'm that pissed of I've withdrawn my stock.
ShaunWhite

NUFC47 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:34 am
The "reserve" you are referring to Shaun - is that the "poker" account option on BF?
Yep I keep just the amount I need in the Main wallet and the rest in the Poker wallet (or whatever they call it). Its handy for testing automaton too if you can just easily move it to a safe place. Even recently I tested something and it fired £2 bets in like an AK47 so I was glad I'd only put £20 in the main wallet or I'd have emptied my bank. :)
NUFC47

:lol: :lol:

Cheers Shaun

Return to “Betfair exchange”