What would you say to Betfair?

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Euler

Occasionally, I'll meet up with various people at Betfair to discuss a range of things.

I haven't had a big meeting since before Covid so I've a meeting arranged soon. While I'll represent the views that I am aware of, I thought it would be interesting to get some additional views that I can take to the meeting.

I know some of your could write a novel. So can I suggest you just answer two questions to bring focus on what you feel is most important?

What do you think are doing particularly badly at the moment?

What one thing should Betfair do to improve your experience and / or perception of them?

Perhaps offer up another comment yourself specifically related to your requirements.

I'll aim to collate views to take to the meeting.
Realrocknrolla

Would love to see the UK markets settled as quick as the Oz markets.

Never really understood why Greyhound UK is slow at settling.
Archery1969

Can they apply the AUS greyhound and horse rating system to UK greyhounds and horses please.

Not sure I understand why there is allot of data modelling and rating systems built for AUS sports and nothing is offered for UK customers.

Do they class us as second rate customers, they may well see a massive drop in income if the planned gambling changes go ahead in the UK. I saw something suggesting customers will be limited to depositing a maximum of 10% of monthly income.
Trader Pat

Sort out market ops. No excuse for not turning events in play on time.
Dabbla

In-play suspensions are a joke in football and have been for years.
There random, they take an age to reopen.
Either get rid of them or manage the games in house.
goat68

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:36 pm
Can they apply the AUS greyhound and horse rating system to UK greyhounds and horses please.

Not sure I understand why there is allot of data modelling and rating systems built for AUS sports and nothing is offered for UK customers.

Do they class us as second rate customers, they may well see a massive drop in income if the planned gambling changes go ahead in the UK. I saw something suggesting customers will be limited to depositing a maximum of 10% of monthly income.
I sort of assumed the AUS greyhound model on their website is simply the model described in their fasttrack tutorial... probably wrong but that's what I guessed: https://betfair-datascientists.github.i ... kTutorial/
ShaunWhite

1.Any progress on removing the in-play placement delay for passive bets?
2.Any likelihood of setting best execution true/false at a transaction level rather than account?
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:04 pm
2.Any likelihood of setting best execution true/false at a transaction level rather than account?
What would be the benefit of setting best execution to false for a transaction?
Jim Royle

customer service is a complete joke its as though your just getting automated replies , if there not automated they need to take a long hard look at themselves and employ people who know something about the product not people who are clueless lets face it if you ran a garage would you have someone on the front desk who knew nothing about how a vehicle ran ?
The Silk Run

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:28 pm

I concur. Tell them they need to throw more bananas at the suspension monkey's on the night shift UK Greyhounds, bunch of dobbers !!!!
Derek27

The Silk Run wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:42 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:

I concur. Tell them they need to throw more bananas at the suspension monkey's on the night shift UK Greyhounds, bunch of dobbers !!!!
They need to feed the monkey bananas on good performance.
wearthefoxhat

Ask them to reasses/over-haul the premium charge, even cap it at 20% maximum. An effort should be made to return to 2004 turnover levels and encourage some bigger players to come back. Even target certain markets to begin with, eg: Greyhounds.

Find a way to combat the VAR suspension problems.

Make Peter Webb a Betfair Exchange ambassador.
The Silk Run

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:48 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:42 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:

They need to feed the monkey bananas on good performance.
Revoking their operating licence would be better. Boiler room operation !!!
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:06 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
A price a mile away from what I'm asking means I probably don't want it anymore. Half a mile from home I might be happy with 20 but I don't want 1000 cos it means it's probably fallen over. The bottom line though is that rapid moves are very rarely good value.

Max and min acceptable would be ideal but that's unlikely to happen due to the dev cost but best ex is already coded and fairly easy to implement.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:40 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:06 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
A price a mile away from what I'm asking means I probably don't want it anymore. Half a mile from home I might be happy with 20 but I don't want 1000 cos it means it's probably fallen over. The bottom line though is that rapid moves are very rarely good value.

Max and min acceptable would be ideal but that's unlikely to happen due to the dev cost but best ex is already coded and fairly easy to implement.
I thought best execution meant you get the better price instead of the worse price. I thought it was just a gambling regs flaw that says you can't give a customer a different price to the one asked for without asking (without making exceptions for higher prices)?

Return to “Betfair exchange”