What would you say to Betfair?

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:06 am
Does anyone who works for Betfair (previously or currently) have access to this forum?

If they had a team of people reading this forum then that would solve all of the problems for them and for customers.
Betfair have stated on more than one occasion that they do regularly read the forum
Jukebox

Dallas wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:25 pm
gstar1975 wrote:
Does anyone who works for Betfair (previously or currently) have access to this forum?

If they had a team of people reading this forum then that would solve all of the problems for them and for customers.
Betfair have stated on more than one occasion that they do regularly read the forum
Think of the tomato growing tips they'd miss if they didn't
Derek27

Jukebox wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:28 pm
Dallas wrote:
gstar1975 wrote:

Think of the tomato growing tips they'd miss if they didn't
I wonder how many PC avoiders or dual account holders they've cracked by reading this forum. You get the occasional poster giving too much information away. :)
ShaunWhite

gstar1975 wrote:
Of course they do, why do you think I always support their view when there's moaning is going on, using my name? That's on top of the occasional message to them to thank them when they resolve a problem, aka ass kissing.... And the upshot is that although I'm small-time (I only pay about a grand a month in commission) i've got an account manager, free TPD data and a desk full of freebies :lol:

There's no cash benefit in being a hater... I ❤️ Betfair :D
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:51 pm
gstar1975 wrote:
Of course they do, why do you think I always support their view when there's moaning is going on, using my name? That's on top of the occasional message to them to thank them when they resolve a problem, aka ass kissing.... And the upshot is that although I'm small-time (I only pay about a grand a month in commission) i've got an account manager, free TPD data and a desk full of freebies :lol:

There's no cash benefit in being a hater... I ❤️ Betfair :D
There's no cash benefit in hitting a punchbag, but it gets rid of a bit of tension. :D
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:

I've always admired your professionalism on here Dallas and how you don't join in with the negativity (even though we all have concerns)...... Btw... could you write a bot for me? :lol:
jamesedwards

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:56 pm
If the meeting hasn't happened yet...

When it comes to affordability checks, are Betfair using the CATO (current account turnover) rating that Equifax and Experion now provide businesses about their customers?
https://www.crc.business-school.ed.ac.u ... -Baker.pdf

Fascinating stuff this CATO. And if anyone out there has fallen for the 'use-open-banking-improve-your-credit score' guff out there you might want to read this and then see if it can be reversed smartish!
Dallas

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:03 pm
Dallas wrote:

I've always admired your professionalism on here Dallas and how you don't join in with the negativity (even though we all have concerns)...... Btw... could you write a bot for me? :lol:
Would you not just prefer another addition for your desk? :D
ShaunWhite

Betfair are holding another open Q&A 19th - 21st Oct if anybody wants to ask them anything. https://betcode-org.slack.com/archives/ ... 0191523769. Doesn't have to be technical but obviously nothing account related.

That link might not work. But it's the #ask-betfair-anything channel.
ShaunWhite

I've just been re-reading this thread. I'm looking forward to dublin_flyer turning up. :D
ShaunWhite

A reminder this latest session ends tomorrow.
Derek27

Betfair's anti-penny shaver exchange rules were a complete waste of time. You can easily get around them and lay for a penny at 1.1 by simply laying at 2 when money's available to lay at 1.1. The algorithm gets executed at asking price, not actual price, so these low-life scumbags keep making a nuisance of themselves.

Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Silk Run

:lol:
ShaunWhite

The next traders meetup is on the evening of 17th Nov, it's being held at Betfair HQ this time. Is anyone from here planning to go?

They have their critics but I can't think of another company who's so open to interacting with customers, regardless of how much they earn. Credit where its due I think.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:24 am
The next traders meetup is on the evening of 17th Nov, it's being held at Betfair HQ this time. Is anyone from here planning to go?

They have their critics but I can't think of another company who's so open to interacting with customers, regardless of how much they earn. Credit where its due I think.
Where is Betfair HQ?

Scottish Power isn't renowned for its customer service but allows you to phone or email them. You don't have to turn up at their HQ.

And if you hadn't posted, not many people here would know they've got the opportunity to travel a few hundred miles to speak to a Bumfair rep, which most organizations let you do over the phone!

Interacting with customers begins with a phone number or email. :)

Return to “Betfair exchange”