What would you say to Betfair?

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:06 pm
What would be the benefit of setting best execution to false for a transaction?
To paraphrase our DMs....if you're backing contenders in_running then a marginally better price is good, but if you get filled at 1000 it's probably on the deck. The proposal I heard about would allow a max %improvemnt to be defined.

And you might be ok backing £100 at 2.5 but you wouldn't necessarily want that £100 at 50 or 100+. Liability staking is calculated at your offer price not the matched price so this would allow you to submit variously staked backs with variously effective ranges to get around that, and the problem of having oversized or wasted back bets.
Crumpets

I'd want to know if BF planned to bring back any of the football streams they had before the turn of the year. I thought we were fortunate to get top division games in Spain and Italy, so it didn't surprise me when they went. But losing 2nd division games in these countries was a bit disappointing. As well as all the French footy. I'm really missing all of the Latin leagues as well :( 2nd and top divisions.

Nice to have the German, Scandi, Dutch and US footy. But it feels a bit...bare...

They can keep the FA Cup though..
Realrocknrolla

The Silk Run wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:42 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:28 pm
Would love to see the UK markets settled as quick as the Oz markets.

Never really understood why Greyhound UK is slow at settling.
I concur. Tell them they need to throw more bananas at the suspension monkey's on the night shift UK Greyhounds, bunch of dobbers !!!!
😂😂😂 Bet there out the back having a smoke of a doob 🍀🚬
deestar

Euler wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:49 pm
Occasionally, I'll meet up with various people at Betfair to discuss a range of things.

I haven't had a big meeting since before Covid so I've a meeting arranged soon. While I'll represent the views that I am aware of, I thought it would be interesting to get some additional views that I can take to the meeting.

I know some of your could write a novel. So can I suggest you just answer two questions to bring focus on what you feel is most important?

What do you think are doing particularly badly at the moment?

What one thing should Betfair do to improve your experience and / or perception of them?

Perhaps offer up another comment yourself specifically related to your requirements.

I'll aim to collate views to take to the meeting.
Thanks for taking input and good luck with the meeting.

What are they doing particularly badly at the moment? Quite a few things but the whole management of each market needs getting on top of. By that I mean the basic mechanics of loading the markets consistently, ensuring they are appropriately labelled, suspending and removing non runners in a timely manner and then suspending the market for in play on time every time!! I'm not too fussed about the time it takes them to finally settle but yes the way they do it in AUS does make me wonder why that can't also be achieved in the UK.

What one thing should Betfair do to improve your experience and / or perception of them? Dedicated customer service for premium charged payers and/or some other tangible benefit. I know some people have premium managers but it doesn't appear consistent - I've never heard from anyone and if they are going to persist in charging me 40% of my winnings it would be nice to at least feel like a valued customer. I hold no hope of them scraping or amending it.

Cheers
andy28

One thing that would improve my experience with them is if you could bet Aust/NZL greys by Rug number as well as rows. Only way I can do my automation is to enter each runner into a nominated guardian selection. Would be much quicker if I could select track A runner 1, Track B runner 8 into my file rather than to do this manually for 80+ races

Example today I want to select Box 5 in a race, however the 4 is scratched and the 9 will run from box 4, but BF will place my bets on the dog in row 5 which will be the 7 because the 6 is also scratched. Yet the 5 still will run from box 5
jamesedwards

deestar wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:42 pm

What one thing should Betfair do to improve your experience and / or perception of them? Dedicated customer service for premium charged payers and/or some other tangible benefit. I know some people have premium managers but it doesn't appear consistent - I've never heard from anyone and if they are going to persist in charging me 40% of my winnings it would be nice to at least feel like a valued customer. I hold no hope of them scraping or amending it.

Cheers
The term they use now is 'priority customer' which I believe they use for customers that they deem to be non-recreational, presumably based on certain thresholds of turnover and profitability. What they don't do is tell you when you become a 'priority customer' so you might be one without knowing. If you are higher rate PC then you will be close at least. Ask if you are a priority customer on live chat. If you are then you can request to be put through to the priority team who will look after you much better than the usual chat support and give you an address for email contact.
deestar

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:28 am
deestar wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:42 pm

Cheers
The term they use now is 'priority customer' which I believe they use for customers that they deem to be non-recreational, presumably based on certain thresholds of turnover and profitability. What they don't do is tell you when you become a 'priority customer' so you might be one without knowing. If you are higher rate PC then you will be close at least. Ask if you are a priority customer on live chat. If you are then you can request to be put through to the priority team who will look after you much better than the usual chat support and give you an address for email contact.
Good to know, thanks. But kind of sums up their crap approach to things. You may be a priority to us based on a criteria known only to us but we wont tell you so unless you ask. I'll try and find an appropriately shameless moment to go cap in hand.
Panto Prince

Reduce the minimum liability for an SP lay bet from £10 to £5, or even better scrap the minimum altogether.
sniffer66

Possibly a little trivial, but I'd like to know why it can take up to 30 minutes to settle markets for UK dogs. Is it really that difficult ?
aperson

I'd like to know why Betfair insist on such a heavy handed approach when it comes to concerns they have with accounts. I know there's a lot of comments on here regarding this. My recent experience is the same as a lot of peoples whereby I had my account closed when changing my address. I had to go through their terrible live chat who eventually resolved it but it was a very nervy hour or so. Why not just allow people to change basic details like this and if there are further questions/confirmation they need just e-mail and ask for them. I now feel nervous if I have to update my personal details in the future which is a bizarre position to be in.
deestar

Euler wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:49 pm
Occasionally, I'll meet up with various people at Betfair to discuss a range of things.

I haven't had a big meeting since before Covid so I've a meeting arranged soon. While I'll represent the views that I am aware of, I thought it would be interesting to get some additional views that I can take to the meeting.

I know some of your could write a novel. So can I suggest you just answer two questions to bring focus on what you feel is most important?

What do you think are doing particularly badly at the moment?

What one thing should Betfair do to improve your experience and / or perception of them?

Perhaps offer up another comment yourself specifically related to your requirements.

I'll aim to collate views to take to the meeting.
Have you had this meeting yet? If so any update? Cheers
ShaunWhite

If the meeting hasn't happened yet...

When it comes to affordability checks, are Betfair using the CATO (current account turnover) rating that Equifax and Experion now provide businesses about their customers?
Dublin_Flyer

If the meeting hasn't happened yet;

Have breakfast, something healthy like muesli and juice.
Waiting for the meeting, have a pint of Magners/Bulmers, and a shot of Jameson........(To be explained later)

Enter meeting, say nothing, do a look around if anyone "important" is around or if it's a futile "reach out" to big names to promo them more without changing anything. :roll: Still say nothing and listen to their shpeel of bullshit. When it comes to open questions, Ask them what do THEY think the problems are? Then leave a long pause while no response comes.

Are they happy with 4 or 5 runner races on a Saturday afternoon race because trainers and owners boycott/ignore it to run in France or Ireland for better money?, are they happy with the Premium level their most loyal high turnover customers pay for such a shit service at such an exorbitant cost? Do they even know what exorbitant means?

Then unleash all your own questions (cider and whiskey is a dangerous mix, especially just after breakfast!) go wild Peter, get hammered and fuck them from a height :lol: get all your feelings out on the fuckers and regret nothing the next morning :x
Derek27

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:52 am
If the meeting hasn't happened yet;

Have breakfast, something healthy like muesli and juice.
Waiting for the meeting, have a pint of Magners/Bulmers, and a shot of Jameson........(To be explained later)

Enter meeting, say nothing, do a look around if anyone "important" is around or if it's a futile "reach out" to big names to promo them more without changing anything. :roll: Still say nothing and listen to their shpeel of bullshit. When it comes to open questions, Ask them what do THEY think the problems are? Then leave a long pause while no response comes.

Are they happy with 4 or 5 runner races on a Saturday afternoon race because trainers and owners boycott/ignore it to run in France or Ireland for better money?, are they happy with the Premium level their most loyal high turnover customers pay for such a shit service at such an exorbitant cost? Do they even know what exorbitant means?

Then unleash all your own questions (cider and whiskey is a dangerous mix, especially just after breakfast!) go wild Peter, get hammered and fuck them from a height :lol: get all your feelings out on the fuckers and regret nothing the next morning :x
:lol: :lol:
gstar1975

Does anyone who works for Betfair (previously or currently) have access to this forum?

If they had a team of people reading this forum then that would solve all of the problems for them and for customers.

Return to “Betfair exchange”