Betfair Monthly Limit Email Received Today

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
fish2

Lesson learned then, just filter them instead!
I've created a new account for this forum so I'm not using the same account name as any of my betting accounts, not that I really use most of them anymore...
ANGELS15

I think another important aspect to all this is whether there will be limits placed on how long customers can stay online whilst betting or trading.

Like many people on here I use automation. In my case I set it up in the morning and it will then trade on various races throughout the day which means I often have Bet Angel open for 12 hours or more.

I also have my mobile app live for around 5 hours daily.

If I may I'd like to ask a quick question - How does one reply to a post quoting only part of the post? I know how to reply quoting the whole post but would like to be able to reply quoting just a specific specific point.

look forward to an answer many thanks in advance
ShaunWhite

ANGELS15 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:32 pm

If I may I'd like to ask a quick question - How does one reply to a post quoting only part of the post? I know how to reply quoting the whole post but would like to be able to reply quoting just a specific specific point.

When you click on the
Screenshot_7.jpg
to reply doesn't the original message appear for you to edit?
ANGELS15 wrote:

Like many people on here I use automation. In my case I set it up in the morning and it will then trade on various races throughout the day which means I often have Bet Angel open for 12 hours or more.

I also have my mobile app live for around 5 hours daily.
Has time online been mentioned in the White Paper? If not it won't be affected as a White Paper is intended to lay out the full scope of any Bill that might become legislation. I'm trading 23½ hrs a day, using 8 seperate api connections and I haven't been warned of any likely issues so it's not something that I'm worried about, neither have any of the others I know who trade even more heavily than that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

ANGELS15 wrote:
The quoted post appears between "quote" and "/quote" enclosed in square brackets. Highlight the bits you don't want and delete them. And by the way, the words underlined in red are words where Grammarly disapproves of the spelling/grammar and blames me for them in my weekly statistics. ;)

Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ANGELS15

[/quote]
When you click on the Screenshot_7.jpg to reply doesn't the original message appear for you to edit?

Has time online been mentioned in the White Paper? If not it won't be affected as a White Paper is intended to lay out the full scope of any Bill that might become legislation. I'm trading 23½ hrs a day, using 8 seperate api connections and I haven't been warned of any likely issues so it's not something that I'm worried about, neither have any of the others I know who trade even more heavily than that.
[/quote]

Thanks for this it had never occured to me that you can edit someone's post to form part of your reply.

I can't remember where I saw the discussion about customer time spent online. I think it may have been mentioned in some of the articles I've read in the racing post where the racing journalists are mentioning the various measures they expect to be put in place. I recall some of the self appointed 'do goode'r politicians campaigning for restrictions were concerned not only with the amounts of money being staked but time spent gambling although there wasn't any hint of proposed limits or controls.
ANGELS15

The quoted post appears between "quote" and "/quote" enclosed in square brackets. Highlight the bits you don't want and delete them. And by the way, the words underlined in red are words where Grammarly disapproves of the spelling/grammar and blames me for them in my weekly statistics. ;)

Thanks also for this it's most helpful.
ANGELS15

Hm I still havn't quite got this right as members should see the poster's name and the quote should be highlighted.
ANGELS15

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:27 pm

Capture.GIF
Hopefully this will work
ANGELS15

Yeah! :)
Derek27

ANGELS15 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:59 pm
Yeah! :)
Well done. :)
wearthefoxhat

Archery1969 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:10 pm
What happens when I want to place a bet at a race track, do they run a check before accepting my wager ?
When I was at Newton Abbot recently there was no problem placing a cash bet with an off course bookmaker. No questions asked, no checks. Saw some others placing chunky bets...hey you could be on to something, (Mind you it was £22 to get in and £3 for the programme)

I was also standing at a certain vantage point, trading in-play...allegedly....

Return to “Betfair exchange”