Customer Service Levels

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Derek27

I think Henry's brain has exploded!

0:50, Oct 27
You: Hi, a penny shaver has been laying dozens of my bets at 2 pence a time. This is a breach of Betfair's terms & conditions (taking advantage of rounding off). Could you please report him or her to the relevant department so they can take the required action?
Info: You are now connected to Betfair.
0:50, Oct 27
Betfair: Feel free to press on one of the buttons & I can help with your issue today.
0:51, Oct 27
You: Issue With My Bet
Betfair: Pick an option that describes your issue best
You: [PNG]
Betfair: Before continuing I need to ask some security questions.
Betfair: Firstly, what is your First School?
You: xxxxxxxxx
Betfair: Thank you, and your date of birth?
0:52, Oct 27
You: xxxxxxxxxxx
Betfair: Great! Thank you for answering those security questions.
Betfair: You will now be put through to a customer service adviser who can help.
Betfair: One moment...
Info: We are extremely busy at this time so our wait times are much longer than normal, please make sure you have your notifications on and we’ll ping you when your agent is available.
Info: This is Henry and I will be looking after your query today. I will aim to reply within 2 minutes.
1:11, Oct 27
Henry: Hi Derek, thanks for getting in touch. Did you mean that you aren't aware of these lays?
1:14, Oct 27
You: No, I'm well aware of the lays. Laying for two pence at odds of 1.2 means that you're risking 0.4 pence. After rounding off you have nothing to lose. This is against Betfair's terms & conditions. The T&C say you can have your account closed if you do this because it's cheating, and it's also a nuisance. Therefore I'm reporting him. The bet references are in the graphic I sent.

Edit: He came back eventually.

1:34, Oct 27
You: Are you still there?
1:37, Oct 27
Henry: Hi Derek, thanks for waiting. I will raise this to the relevant team for review. If anything they will get back to you via emai.
1:38, Oct 27
Henry: Hi Derek, thanks for waiting. I will raise this to the relevant team for review. If anything they will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
1:38, Oct 27
You: Thanks Henry, bye.

I hope they go through the entire history of his account, confiscate his ill-gotten pennies and permanently close his account. :D
The Silk Run

:lol:
Jukebox

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:30 am
'''''''I hope they go through the entire history of his account, confiscate his ill-gotten pennies and permanently close his account. :D
Then they won't be able to afford any fireworks this year.

https://www.facebook.com/SouthWestFilmT ... 457582640/
Derek27

Do people on here still have to speak to a bot before getting put through to a Betfair CS agent?

The last few times the bot just says hello and transfers me straight to an agent. I just asked them to unsuspend a market. They said they'd contact the trading team and within a minute the market was unsuspended.
Michael5482

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:04 pm
Do people on here still have to speak to a bot before getting put through to a Betfair CS agent?

The last few times the bot just says hello and transfers me straight to an agent. I just asked them to unsuspend a market. They said they'd contact the trading team and within a minute the market was unsuspended.
Used it a few times and must say there quite good.

Last time was last month (ish) I opened trades straight after goals but they went to VAR I was green one game and they re-calculated the bets back to before the disallowed goal (no issue there to be expected) the other I was left with a red and they didn't re-calculate (for me anyway) so politely asked them what's going on as can't have it both ways taking money back when I'm green and not when I'm red for the exact same scenario. They said leave it with us to take a look.

Anyway they got back to me a couple of days later via e-mail, said I'm a valued customer, apologised and refunded me the red. Canny
Derek27

I seem to be getting past the Betfair chat bot quite easily now. Is it the same for everyone or have they given me a pass? :mrgreen:

Return to “Betfair exchange”