Is betfair dead?

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Derek27

Cardano wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:45 pm

Re comment from OP underlined

I think that now the markets are filled with the money of Bf and it is doubtful to beat their bot

Re your comment above underlined below

Apologies for your thread being sidetracked No. 0.

Nice of you to apologise
I'd be interested on your views on that
It got sidetracked into repetitive questions and explanations, the questions you wouldn't answer and the explanations that went through one of your ears and out of the other.

It wasn't just me but several people on here explained the unlikelihood of what you were asking but if you only understand the answers yes/no/not sure you're not being open to any answers.
Cardano

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:19 pm
Cardano wrote:

I think that now the markets are filled with the money of Bf and it is doubtful to beat their bot

Nice of you to apologise
It got sidetracked into repetitive questions and explanations, the questions you wouldn't answer and the explanations that went through one of your ears and out of the other.

It wasn't just me but several people on here explained the unlikelihood of what you were asking but if you only understand the answers yes/no/not sure you're not being open to any answers.
I was more interested in your view of the comment from the OP underlined above
Derek27

Cardano wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:55 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Cardano wrote:

Nice of you to apologise

The OP made a long post which I probably read quickly and replied to it briefly, I may have missed the line you quoted, but the first part of that quote is the same question you've been asking, which many have already answered. If you have a bet on the exchange and somebody sweeps it up, it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference whether it's Betfair's money or a trader's money. Either way, the money's gone and it's in their account.

When numberzero says "it is doubtful to beat their bot", it's unclear whether he's referring to himself or everybody. If it's the former he may be right, if it's the latter he is categorically wrong because I, many others on here and many others not on hear regularly profit from the exchange.

When you ask a question and demand a yes/no/not sure answer, by restricting your answers you're restricting the usefulness of any answer you get. Take for example the question, is there an African bush elephant standing on the north pole?

There could be, but you can get a much more accurate answer than no/not sure.
Cardano

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:51 pm
Cardano wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:55 pm
Derek27 wrote:

The OP made a long post which I probably read quickly and replied to it briefly, I may have missed the line you quoted, but the first part of that quote is the same question you've been asking, which many have already answered. If you have a bet on the exchange and somebody sweeps it up, it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference whether it's Betfair's money or a trader's money. Either way, the money's gone and it's in their account.

When numberzero says "it is doubtful to beat their bot", it's unclear whether he's referring to himself or everybody. If it's the former he may be right, if it's the latter he is categorically wrong because I, many others on here and many others not on hear regularly profit from the exchange.

When you ask a question and demand a yes/no/not sure answer, by restricting your answers you're restricting the usefulness of any answer you get. Take for example the question, is there an African bush elephant standing on the north pole?

There could be, but you can get a much more accurate answer than no/not sure.
Reading NO. 0's comment it seems to me that he thinks BF has a Bot. Be interesting to ask him that question YES/NO/NOT SURE :)
Archangel

In the trading world (and perhaps the world in general), there seems to be two kinds of people. Those who find problems, and those who find solutions...
Derek27

Cardano wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:37 pm
Reading NO. 0's comment it seems to me that he thinks BF has a Bot. Be interesting to ask him that question YES/NO/NOT SURE :)
It would be pretty stupid to ask him that question because he's expressed his opinion and he's not limited to four words.

Exactly what difference does it make if your bet is taken by a bot run by Betfair or my bot? Are you suggesting Betfair is bypassing the delay to give themselves an advantage or nicking the money by other foul means?
Cardano

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:54 pm
Cardano wrote:
It would be pretty stupid to ask him that question because he's expressed his opinion and he's not limited to four words.

Exactly what difference does it make if your bet is taken by a bot run by Betfair or my bot? Are you suggesting Betfair is bypassing the delay to give themselves an advantage or nicking the money by other foul means?
The answer is staring you smack in the face. I'm surprised you can't see it :lol:
Derek27

Cardano wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:21 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:54 pm
Cardano wrote:

The answer is staring you smack in the face. I'm surprised you can't see it :lol:
I can see the answer to my first question but you obviously can't, hence you're unable to answer. As for the second question regarding what you're suggesting, if you don't know what's going on between your ears I can assure you nobody else will never mind me. :roll:
ShaunWhite

If Betfair is dead then what are we all doing here? We should be looking for a life raft rather than playing in the band until the ship sinks.

Tbh negativity is a downward spiral. What new bloody are you going to attract when even the prominent figures are always saying its in decline and Betfair are inept. Nobody wants outright lies but a bit of positivity wouldn't do any harm. If you've made your millions and done then good for you but the end of a marriage doesn't mean you have to try and kill the children.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:38 pm
...but the end of a marriage doesn't mean you have to try and kill the children.
Good one. :D
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:42 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
...but the end of a marriage doesn't mean you have to try and kill the children.
Tasteless in hindsight.
Euler

Archangel wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:52 pm
In the trading world (and perhaps the world in general), there seems to be two kinds of people. Those who find problems, and those who find solutions...
100% agree.

If there is one major thing I've learn in the last twenty or so years is exactly that.

Pretty much every week people are point out how something can't work because of X, Y, Z and there I am doing the exact thing and making a ton of money.

Our role as traders is to look for opportunities, to understand them and to take advantage of them to the best of our abilities.
Cardano

ShaunWhite wrote:
If Betfair is dead then what are we all doing here? We should be looking for a life raft rather than playing in the band until the ship sinks.

Tbh negativity is a downward spiral. What new bloody are you going to attract when even the prominent figures are always saying its in decline and Betfair are inept. Nobody wants outright lies but a bit of positivity wouldn't do any harm. If you've made your millions and done then good for you but the end of a marriage doesn't mean you have to try and kill the children.
Totally agree👍
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:43 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:42 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tasteless in hindsight.
True, some people have done it, but an accurate analogy nonetheless.
ShaunWhite

Archangel wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:52 pm
and those who find solutions...
Aka Self-determination. Just another life skill schools neglect in favour of teaching kids about oxbow lakes.

https://www.zippia.com/advice/self-dete ... on-skills/

Return to “Betfair exchange”