betfair single customer view trial started

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.

Betfair as update there t&c single customer view trial for new 12 weeks
Euler

I didn't understand this post when it arrived in the moderation queue, but it looks related to this: -

https://community.betfair.com/horse_rac ... t-in-march
Euler

2023-02-24 at 13.09.10.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Derek27

I was none the wiser after reading the Betfair Community post but the link below explains a bit more.

https://bettingandgamingcouncil.com/new ... perate-scv
Derek27

Euler wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:09 pm
Terms and conditions: -

https://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Privacy.Policy/
They could make that privacy policy a lot simpler by saying, we collect anything and everything from any source available to us!
Derek27

Gambling Minister Chris Philp has previously said...

Is Chris Philp the minister for gambling or a gambling minister? :lol:
jamesedwards

They are just ignoring GDPR :lol: :lol: :lol:

I might sue them all for £££s if they share my data.
jamesedwards

Here's the direct link to the juicy SCV stuff. https://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Privacy.Policy.SCV/

Punishment for being added to an exclusion list by ANY Participating Operator is forced exclusion from all Participating Operators for 42 years with possibility of parole after an initial exclusion period of 5 years.

Single Customer View, Trial 1, is a project to ensure that people who display high-risk behaviours are protected from gambling related harm to their health. To do this Participating Operators that provide online gambling products will take steps to identify customers who they believe should not be gambling and share some key customer information with the GamProtect system. Participating Operators will use GamProtect to identify whether the same customer has an account with them and proceed to close their account to reduce the potential for harm.

This privacy notice explains how Participating Operators in the Single Customer View trial project use your personal data. Please note that from 08/02/2023 for a period of approximately 12 weeks Participating Operators will share customer personal data but not take any action on the data. This is so the Participating Operators can evaluate the effectiveness of the technical solution. You can see which operators are participating in the Single Customer View trial project by going to the Participating Operators section of this notice.

There are 3 key players in this process:

1. The "Closing Operator": this is the Participating Operator that closes your account and can be any of the Participating Operators.

2. "GamProtect": this is the system that allows for secure data sharing between all operators in a way that ensures privacy. They will receive customer data from the Participating Operators on a daily basis.

3. The "Receiving Operators": these are the Participating Operators who receive a match from the data that is shared by the Closing Operator to GamProtect and the Receiving Operator's own customer database. If the Receiving Operator and the Closing Operator have the same customer, then they will take a similar action to protect their shared customer e.g., closing the customer's account.

The Receiving Operator will not know the specific reason why the Closing Operator has shared data with them via GamProtect. If your personal data has been shared with GamProtect and you would like to find out why, please contact the Closing Operator. You will receive an email from the Closing Operator informing you that your details will be shared with GamProtect.

How does the Single Customer View trial work?
Risk Identification
Participating Operators will identify a player as at risk of health-related problem gambling if the player indicates that they:
Have a gambling problem or addiction.
Are seeking external support or treatment for gambling problems.
Will harm themselves or someone else.
Should not be gambling because they have a medical condition.
Want to stop gambling forever due to problems with their gambling.

Initial Account Closure
Once a Participating Operator has identified a player as at risk of health-related problem gambling, it will close all of the player's accounts and exclude the player from all of its gambling services.
It will also inform the player that they will be added to GamProtect due to issues with health-related problem gambling.
Last edited by jamesedwards on Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
napshnap

"This approach also ensures we are not infringing on the personal data of the overwhelming majority of people who bet safely and don’t want their data shared in a national database of everyone who bets."
Fck those minorities losers, yeah!!

"Gambling Minister Chris Philp has previously said that the establishment of this scheme is “an important step towards protecting vulnerable people".

BGC members are investing over a million pounds in this trial alone, to allow fast, proactive intervention with an aim to prevent incidents of problem gambling across all online regulated betting and gaming operators."
Congratulations, guys! We are here! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckboil62gIA
jamesedwards

How scary that just one keyboard stroke from any random Operator will close every single gambling account that you have for at least 5 years. Open to abuse from an Operator who, maybe, doesn't like the way you've managed your account, or that you've made profit from them? Or even perhaps a single employee you've argued with doing it out of spite? And the only appeals recourse available is to go back to the same Operator and convince them to take you back off the list. Nasty!

Presumably no Operator is going to be able to pass on information to GamProtect until you have signed up to their updated privacy policy? Hence the Betfair policy update. I think I will be limiting my use of any accounts to the Exchanges for the foreseeable. It's just not worth the risk to my livelihood.
Last edited by jamesedwards on Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jamesedwards

This bit buried at the bottom is interesting...

Data Protection Rights
You have the following rights in respect of your personal data processed for the purposes of GamProtect -

Access to your personal data
Correct or update your personal data
Object to the use of your personal data
Erasure of your personal data
Restriction of the use of your personal data
Complain to the Information Commissioner's Office
You should be aware that these rights are not absolute and do not apply in every situation. You can find out more information about these rights on the website of the Information Commissioner's Office here. https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint
Derek27

So are these bits:-

As a condition to using our Services, we will ask you to share your precise geolocation so we can ensure that we are authorised to provide the Services to you in your location. The above processing is required in order for us to provide the Services to you pursuant to our terms and conditions.

We use a combination of machine learning, automated detection systems and manual review to supervise customer activity for the purpose of identifying Safer Gambling risks, and we also have a dedicated team in Customer Operations to deal with any Safer Gambling concerns that may be flagged to us by you or other individuals connected to you, such as family or friends. Where potentially dangerous activities are flagged, we may take action. This can range from emailing or calling you to ensure you are comfortable with your level of spend to proactively closing your account for a period of time. Where we are unable to interact with you, we may need to take enforced action until such a point where we can communicate with you.

How do they know it's a friend that's advising them to close my account?
Michael5482

From what I can see Gamstop covers just about every operator Entain, Flutter, 365 etc and there are all taking part in the trial.

I have absolutely no doubt it'll be abused by operators to weed out winners even more so if your banned or restricted by 365 for example you can bet your bottom dollar you'll be banned/restricted by them all very soon.

The beginning of the end by the looks of it the game appears to be up
Derek27

Michael5482 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:36 pm
From what I can see Gamstop covers just about every operator Entain, Flutter, 365 etc and there are all taking part in the trial.

I have absolutely no doubt it'll be abused by operators to weed out winners even more so if your banned or restricted by 365 for example you can bet your bottom dollar you'll be banned/restricted by them all very soon.

The beginning of the end by the looks of it the game appears to be up
I've been barred from every bookie including Bet365 and Paddy Power, but I can't see how they can push the button if you haven't bet with them for several years and your account was in profit. Surely they have to put forward some figures. Betfair, which is owned by PP won't want winners banned and loss of income could be high enough for several legal actions.

Return to “Betfair exchange”