Need a new account

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Stasya

Hi all! I don't know how decent it is to ask here...is it possible to buy an account somewhere. Missed betfair so much.)
Derek27

Stasya wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 5:55 pm
Hi all! I don't know how decent it is to ask here...is it possible to buy an account somewhere. Missed betfair so much.)
What happened to the old one?
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 6:49 pm
What happened to the old one?
Gonna be fun when it comes to the affordability check. :?
libor88

What about brokers connected to Betfair ? But not sure if you can get directly get to BF API via betangel. Anybody know ?
ilovepizza82

libor88 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 11:15 am
What about brokers connected to Betfair ? But not sure if you can get directly get to BF API via betangel. Anybody know ?
You wouldnt be able to use Betangel.
No API.
xtrader16

Try and open an account with somebody physically based in Australia as there are no affordability checks and the UK Government has no jurisdiction. You can later add a UK debit card to the account and trade away.
Stasya

Thanks for the discussion :) My previous accounts were blocked because they were from Russia, and then for some unknown reason 8-) (security).
What does affordability check mean?
And tell me please, how is it now with the deposit / withdrawal of funds? Is it necessary to link a bank card? The card must be only for the person whose account? Our banks do not allow Neteller/Skrill deposits. Or maybe it is already possible to deposit with a crypt?
The broker does not have the ability to trade horse races and use betangel.
And unfortunately I have no friends in Australia)
motorhead

xtrader16 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 3:02 pm
Try and open an account with somebody physically based in Australia as there are no affordability checks and the UK Government has no jurisdiction. You can later add a UK debit card to the account and trade away.
so technically a owner of Uk-based account could finally have this affordability madness dropped by 'moving' ;) to Australia. I don't suppose it works retroactively, that would solve my issue.

I also guess any non UK-based would do the job....
jamesedwards

motorhead wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:40 am
xtrader16 wrote:
so technically a owner of Uk-based account could finally have this affordability madness dropped by 'moving' ;) to Australia. I don't suppose it works retroactively, that would solve my issue.

One of my 'emergency' ideas include moving to Ireland, if they'll have me. A little less drastic than Australia and the one place outside the UK you can move to without need for visas etc. One would obviously need to check how Betfair would handle your account and whether they have the means and motive to exclude you from any previous legislatively enforced restrictions.
Derek27

Isn't gambling in Saudi Arabia illegal? It's included on the list of countries Betfair operate!

https://www.cheekypunter.com/faq/betfai ... trictions/
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:08 pm
Isn't gambling in Saudi Arabia illegal? It's included on the list of countries Betfair operate!

https://www.cheekypunter.com/faq/betfai ... trictions/
You can gamble in Saudi Arabia, just not for real money. Online gambling is allowed and outside of the law.

Don’t know if you can gamble for Camels, property, Hawks, cars, partners or other commodity.
Last edited by Archery1969 on Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShaunWhite

jamesedwards wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:06 pm
One of my 'emergency' ideas include moving to Ireland, if they'll have me. A little less drastic than Australia .
I wondered if I could blag my way into the RoI and then slip across to somewhere better via freedom of movement. But that's only for EU citizens so I'd have to get RoI citizenship first. Since the B-word happened I think my only way out is to buy a used "small boat" in Dover and head for Portugal.
ODPaul82

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:57 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
One of my 'emergency' ideas include moving to Ireland, if they'll have me. A little less drastic than Australia .
I wondered if I could blag my way into the RoI and then slip across to somewhere better via freedom of movement. But that's only for EU citizens so I'd have to get RoI citizenship first. Since the B-word happened I think my only way out is to buy a used "small boat" in Dover and head for Portugal.
I got my ROI passport back in 2016 when I lived there courtesy of the fact I'm the first baptised outside of there (brother was first born)
Trading from rural Monaghan had its massive drawback of you needed satellite based broadband which even then when competing with the ex's 13 year old son whilst he played COD and tried to explain you're paying the mortgage didn't particularly work.

I would go back there but only to Monaghan town, my backup plan is to go to Malta as (a) it's warm (b) you can trade (c) it's warm (d) it's warm
Did I mention it's warm?
motorhead

jamesedwards wrote:
motorhead wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:40 am
xtrader16 wrote:

One of my 'emergency' ideas include moving to Ireland, if they'll have me. A little less drastic than Australia and the one place outside the UK you can move to without need for visas etc. One would obviously need to check how Betfair would handle your account and whether they have the means and motive to exclude you from any previous legislatively enforced restrictions.
I'm curious about that too, as you'd know a person is only allowed one account and that is it, so they'd to make the transition and possibly lift those UK affordability rules, I didn't know/recall you had issues with that too.

Return to “Betfair exchange”