Why would my account have been closed?

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
User avatar
ShaunWhite
Posts: 9731
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:42 am

ija34 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:01 pm
Contacted them again. They just said they've escalated it again so guess I will contact them tomorrow :lol:
It's best to write your own description of the issue and paste it in for them to raise. That way you know nothing is lost in interpretation. Tbh they're thankful to not to have to write it up. Nothing worse than finally getting an answer for a question you didn't ask.
ija34
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:51 pm

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:57 pm
ija34 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:01 pm
Contacted them again. They just said they've escalated it again so guess I will contact them tomorrow :lol:
It's best to write your own description of the issue and paste it in for them to raise. That way you know nothing is lost in interpretation. Tbh they're thankful to not to have to write it up. Nothing worse than finally getting an answer for a question you didn't ask.
Already explained what happened and told them I've been speaking to others that have had the same issue. They just said we see the issue has been escalated already so we will escalate it again. Apologies for the time it's taking.
ija34
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:51 pm

What the actual F***. Just contacted again and he said I'll take a look and get back in 5-10 minutes. Comes back and says I've reopened the account, apologies for any inconvenience. If they could do that why did the other 2 try fobbing me off to "another department" :|
User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 24487
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

ija34 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:48 pm
What the actual F***. Just contacted again and he said I'll take a look and get back in 5-10 minutes. Comes back and says I've reopened the account, apologies for any inconvenience. If they could do that why did the other 2 try fobbing me off to "another department" :|
I've had the same problem twice. Even when I was unable to use my account because a hacker was constantly trying to break in, one idiot told me they can't open another account (effectively meaning I have to give up trading), but the next gave me another account!
User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 24487
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:57 pm
ija34 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:01 pm
Contacted them again. They just said they've escalated it again so guess I will contact them tomorrow :lol:
It's best to write your own description of the issue and paste it in for them to raise. That way you know nothing is lost in interpretation. Tbh they're thankful to not to have to write it up. Nothing worse than finally getting an answer for a question you didn't ask.
There you are. It's not just me, even when Bumfair get something right it makes people angry with all the bums that escalated the matter to the mythical department that gets back to customers. :lol:
ija34
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:51 pm

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:01 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:57 pm
ija34 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:01 pm
Contacted them again. They just said they've escalated it again so guess I will contact them tomorrow :lol:
It's best to write your own description of the issue and paste it in for them to raise. That way you know nothing is lost in interpretation. Tbh they're thankful to not to have to write it up. Nothing worse than finally getting an answer for a question you didn't ask.
There you are. It's not just me, even when Bumfair get something right it makes people angry with all the bums that escalated the matter to the mythical department that gets back to customers. :lol:
I think they clearly couldn't be bothered to do anything about it so you just have to keep trying to get through to someone that will actually sort it for you.
User avatar
Kai
Posts: 6467
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:21 pm

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:59 pm
I've had the same problem twice.
Next time it happens try doing this sketch, if you remember it :) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNoS2BU6bbQ
User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 24487
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

ija34 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:09 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:01 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:57 pm

It's best to write your own description of the issue and paste it in for them to raise. That way you know nothing is lost in interpretation. Tbh they're thankful to not to have to write it up. Nothing worse than finally getting an answer for a question you didn't ask.
There you are. It's not just me, even when Bumfair get something right it makes people angry with all the bums that escalated the matter to the mythical department that gets back to customers. :lol:
I think they clearly couldn't be bothered to do anything about it so you just have to keep trying to get through to someone that will actually sort it for you.
I don't think it's a case of not being bothered but very poor training. I would imagine they get a day's training, half-an-hour will be exchange-based and the rest is health and safety. Then they just learn on the job. I'd expect better from somebody who's had a whole hour of training.
Post Reply

Return to “Betfair exchange”